Your favourite Dungeon Tiles Set - Multiple Choice Poll!

Vote for your top 3 favourite Dungeon Tile sets!

Holy Bovine

First Post
Please try to limit your choice to your top 3.

So which are your favourites and why? I am loving the latest one, Harrowing Halls and can think of a dozen times when I have wanted 3D terrain. There have only been a few sets I have been disappointed with (Hidden Crypts and Sinister Woods) but none of have been 'oh this is just terrible'. Rounding out my top 3 are Halls of the Giant Kings and Dire Tombs.

I really love Dire Tombs simple because of the different coloured tiles! I have used them to represent a crypt in a desert environment (pretty obvious) but also to represent a very, very old dungeon that was markedly different than what the PCs had seen to that point. I have since used them whenever the PCs encounter areas of similar age - it is giving the game a nice sense of verisimilitude as now the PCs can expect tombs and structures from that same era to have a similar theme. Halls of the Giant Kings really brought in some much needed pieces imo - the huge thrones, banquet tables etc are a nice complement to what has come before. Also the artwork in HotGK really seems to be a step above the sets prior to it. Always a welcome improvement.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Ruins of the Wild - outdoor tiles FTW
Fane of the Forgotten Gods - so many useful small tiles
Harrowing Halls - getting the Dungeon Tiles beyond the flat surface deserves a spot (and the inn tiles look pretty useful, too)

Bye
Thanee

Asmor

First Post
Streets of Shadow is one of my favorites, for precisely the reason many other people panned it: I love that one side of the tiles is a street setting and the other is a sewer setting. It solves the problem of trying to figure out how juggle double-sided tiles to get the features you want, and it's like getting two different sets of tiles for the price of one.

Incidentally, the same feature with respect to the 3d elements of Harrowing Halls (that one side is wooden and the other stone) is a huge plus for me for the set.

Primal

First Post
Damn, I felt like I should vote for all of them... because there's not a single set I didn't consider well worth the money. My only regret in purchasing the tiles is that I didn't get the early sets, so no 'Ruins of the Wild' (which I think is probably the best among a bunch of great products). My other favorites are 'Fane of the Forgotten Gods', 'Hidden Crypts' and 'Sinister Woods' (but I like all of my tile sets). :)

I've already said it before, but what I think is great about Dungeon Tiles is that they're reasonably priced, beautifully illustrated and and made of thick cardboard. And, of course, the fact that WoTC seems to really understands (better than any other RPG publisher) what sort of tiles DMs really need. They have also produced two sets per "theme", which is simply amazing; it only adds to the versatily of the product line.

Remove ads