D&D General your favourite fantasy sapient?

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Genasi just seem like perfect characters who automatically have a story hook of learning about and tapping into their elemental heritage. Been glued on elemental themes ever since Bionicle was a thing (all the way back in 2000).

And yep those guys! Though their culture and civilisation has moved on and changed a huge amount since then.

View attachment 152743
brother are you me? as I loved Bionicle and I do keep up with decent speculative evolution thanks to CuriousArchive.

Mind of tempest

Are you referring to having wisdom as a main racial ASI? If so you have the following.
  • Firbolg
  • Githzerai
  • Wildhunt Shifters
  • Kalashtar
what are the setting niche of the firbolg race again? over all the editions?

githzerai have this terrible thing for me as they feel almost right but feel to disconnected from any other setting and have a too mundane aesthetic.

shiferes just seem to fail to be cool for some reason.

I hate kalashtars fundamental part human subspecies thing with passion, fiery supernova passion but a vague description of them is almost exactly right?

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
what are the setting niche of the firbolg race again? over all the editions?
They are distantly related to giants and have a very deep, nearly spiritual connection to nature, especially great and verdant forests which is what gives them the ability to speak with plants and animals. They often become druids or rangers, protecting and hiding pure and untouched places of nature from the civilized world. They are also very good at staying hidden.

Mind of tempest

They are distantly related to giants and have a very deep, nearly spiritual connection to nature, especially great and verdant forests which is what gives them the ability to speak with plants and animals. They often become druids or rangers, protecting and hiding pure and untouched places of nature from the civilized world. They are also very good at staying hidden.
damn, I was hoping for a subtype that is more monk and less wood elf mark II but I might be able to get something out of them.
maybe if I mashed them all together I could make one race that really sells?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases