D&D General Your last adventure in photos.

Clint_L

Hero
This was a few weeks back but I revisited an adventure I've used before with a new setting, new group (mostly beginners) and new story. The set-up is that the party was captured, incapacitated and dumped in a cell by a bunch of grunt, intended as ritual sacrifices to a Nergaliid and its pet Frogehemoth. They hasd to free themselves and escape, getting away from the final boss before the froghemoth could fully emerge (it came out to Godzilla noises just as they were fleeing).

It was really fun to see how new players explored their level 2 abilities to figure out how to escape from a cell with none of their gear, solves a puzzle room involving moving platforms and an acid pool, and then realizing that the Froghemoth was a run rather than fight situation (which I sold pretty hard).

AA Puzzle Room.jpg

AA Puzzle Room 2.jpg

AA BBEG fight.jpg

AA Froghemoth.jpg

AA Escape.jpg

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
This was a few weeks back but I revisited an adventure I've used before with a new setting, new group (mostly beginners) and new story. The set-up is that the party was captured, incapacitated and dumped in a cell by a bunch of grunt, intended as ritual sacrifices to a Nergaliid and its pet Frogehemoth. They hasd to free themselves and escape, getting away from the final boss before the froghemoth could fully emerge (it came out to Godzilla noises just as they were fleeing).

It was really fun to see how new players explored their level 2 abilities to figure out how to escape from a cell with none of their gear, solves a puzzle room involving moving platforms and an acid pool, and then realizing that the Froghemoth was a run rather than fight situation (which I sold pretty hard).

View attachment 342851

View attachment 342852
View attachment 342853

View attachment 342854
View attachment 342855
Just for the record, some of my heart emoji reaction is directed specifically toward the chocolaty-looking cookies in the the top photo.

View attachment 342851

View attachment 342852
View attachment 342853

View attachment 342854
View attachment 342855
This looks awesome! I've recently added to my dwarven forge collection buying the caverns core sets. My next purchase will hopefully be the woodland tiles if I can catch them available.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
A couple of photos from the one-shot I ran last night as part of Dungeons n’ Drafts - Pittsburgh (they have events in Philly, NYC, south Jersey, Delaware and other places on the east coast - I’ve DMed for them three times).

View attachment 344523View attachment 344524
Amazing! Everyone looks like they are having fun fun fun

tbh, I love the demographics at that table too

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Personally, I find sitting down behind the DM Screen blocks my view of the battle mat. Standing up gives me a better angle to see everything unfolding on the table.
Exactly - when I'm playing a game without a DM screen, I may sit. But with the screen, i'm usually standing.

Also, when I've got a GM screen, I have a set of large polyhedrals that I roll in the open in a dice tray. No fudging for me lol...

Remove ads