D&D General Your last adventure in photos.

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
More pics from this week's adventure. More evil temple delving.
2022_08_adventure_a.jpeg

2022_08_adventure_b.jpeg

2022_08_adventure_c.jpeg

2022_08_adventure_d.jpeg

Only had 3 players this week, which is very unusual. I cannot remember the last time I had less than 5 at the table. Our usual number is between 6 and 8. Next week, for example, I am pretty sure we will have 8 at the table. It was actually great having only three people. Very fun session.

BTW - I wont spam you with dungeon pictures over the next several weeks. However, this is really a pretty good sampling of what our table looks like most weeks.
The floor engravings in the 1st pic. Did you create it? Buy it?

Please spam away

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Four sixth level PCs found themselves over their heads as an entire forest is march eastward towards civilization and an ecological disaster. As they barely avoided being impaled, pummeled, or trampled by the marching trees they came upon a very big group of monsters that recently emerged from "The World Below" - ogres, goblins, and trolls!

At some point one of the players said, "This is where we die." But thankfully they pulled through - but in using fire magic to defeat the trolls they burned some trees.

274823924_344006117637420_5234053285220052379_n.jpg
274781069_1011023466435526_7130872364288739191_n.jpg
274796107_3241718156060791_2955072962755307317_n.jpg

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
More pics from this week's adventure. More evil temple delving.

2022_08_adventure_b.jpeg

Hey @pogre - can you tell me about the terrain dropcloth you are using in the pic above? I really want something like this but all the ones I find I online either have poor reviews or are way over priced. I was thinking about going to Joann Fabric and finding something that works and making my own - but wanted to hear your experience.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I use FLG mats from Frontline Gaming. I have a half-dozen of these and they are sturdy and have held up well. The mats are not cheap, but don't buy any at full price - they have frequent sales.
FLG mats
Yikes! $75 seems like too much for the 6 x 4 size I'd want. I will keep an eye out for sales, but I am thinking some generic green patterned cloth cut to size and hemmed could serve as a table/drop cloth.

Edit to add that if I did pay that much for something, I'd want it to be gridded.

pogre

Legend
Yikes! $75 seems like too much for the 6 x 4 size I'd want. I will keep an eye out for sales, but I am thinking some generic green patterned cloth cut to size and hemmed could serve as a table/drop cloth.

Edit to add that if I did pay that much for something, I'd want it to be gridded.
Yeah, the mats are not cheap. I use a large cut of cloth for ocean or large bodies of water. It works great. You can see the cloth in action in an old Viking Raid scenario I ran a few years ago.
dsc_0039.jpg

There is an option to get the mats gridded. I like the look of plain mats as I use them for other miniature games. Actually, I do not use grids in D&D either - we just use tape measures.

Remove ads