Your preferred name for playable part human part giants (non D&D)

Which name do you like the best, or suggest something cool below

• Half-Giant

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Giantkin

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Gigantes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other below

Votes: 4 19.0%

cavetroll

Explorer
Trying to come up with something that is not the typical name.

Its not mom is a giant, its more of a warrior people that have old giantish blood in their heritage.

cavetroll

Explorer
Trying to come up with something that is not the typical name.

Its not mom is a giant, its more of a warrior people that have old giantish blood in their heritage.
nothing from dungeons and dragons since its copyright and I don't want to confuse the two !

BrokenTwin

Biological Disaster
For names that others call them, either half-giants or giantkin works. I'd imagine the former would be the more pejorative of the two.

If you wanted to lean into Norse imagery you could go with jotun.

cavetroll

Explorer
For names that others call them, either half-giants or giantkin works. I'd imagine the former would be the more pejorative of the two.

Jotun, that is pretty cool ! I like that and will pick it for now !

Last edited:

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal

I was coming here to say this. I have a Custom Lineage Rune Knight character whom describes herself as "Jotun-blood", that she is a descendant of giants.

cavetroll

Explorer
Good suggestion! I personally use that as a name for all the varieties of Planetouched in a homebrew.

@cavetroll
Are you looking for a name they call themselves? Or what others call them? Both?
The problem with Nephilim is that there seems to be a lot of Homebrew DnD use of it as a celestial.

Its a playable race, so the list in the contents, though I don't call them races. Not what they call themselves, perhaps they have there own language I haven't thought that far ahead.

Giantkin is pretty good but after looking up Jotun it seems to be perfect.

Remove ads