• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

your thoughts and prayers, please

hong said:
The silver lining of this dark cloud is that at least you now have closure.

My sympathies.
This is what I keep trying to tell myself.

But, it's just so hard to come to terms with. For three years, we've been searching. The local police did little to find Brandon when he took off. Seemed that, because he had been in trouble with the law for drug use that he was not worth their time... and all that time, he's been right there - not 5 miles away.

Keep thinking - had the police searched harder, this closure could have been found years ago. My uncle (and the rest of the family) could have mourned and - to the extend that is possible - found peace already. But now, it just seems like we have to start all over again.

As unrealistic as it was, we truly thought (or maybe just forced ourselves to believe) that he was still alive.

Throughout my life, I've had five people that I was close to kill themselves. In the past four years, I've had two close friends of the family take their own life (very suddenly and with no explination) and discovered Brandon's apparent suicide (which could be a tragic accident, however unlikely it seems). Not to mention 2 very nearly fatal suicide attempts of my aunt.

Thank you all for your kind words. It really means a lot to me to have the thoughts of so many people - so many of whom I don't even really know.

fusangite

First Post
My condolences. I think your anger at the police may well be reasonable. I too have had people in my life who dealt with life threatening addictions and have also had friends commit suicide. I empathize with what you are going through and wish I could offer something beyond these words.

BSF

Explorer
I'm sorry that things turned out this way for you and your family Queen_Dopplepopolis. Focus on he good things and try not to let the fact that this has taken so long to reach closure drag you down. It isn't as if none of you put the effort forth. It just took a long time to find him.

Peace to you and your family.

Stone Angel

First Post
Mine are with you. Condolances, I know this loss well and I am sorry for another to have to suffer through it.

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

Remove ads