YouTubing "Savage Tide"

Hussar

Legend
I'm not sure which is funnier - the video or the commentary here. "Crikey my arm!" :D

Sweet. I could see this as a Story Hour. Weekly videocasts of Merric's group.

How do you find going with only three players though? These modules are pretty full on and being a man/woman/being short must be pretty tricky.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Hussar said:
I'm not sure which is funnier - the video or the commentary here. "Crikey my arm!" :D

Sweet. I could see this as a Story Hour. Weekly videocasts of Merric's group.

How do you find going with only three players though? These modules are pretty full on and being a man/woman/being short must be pretty tricky.

We actually have six players. Craig and Rich are silent during the interchange I've posted; both stay out of most of the role-playing, but are busy during the combat. Craig is exceptional at character-building and playing combat, but his acting skills are near non-existent.

Rob - the sixth player - is recovering from surgery during this session. He'll be back next week, thankfully. :)

Cheers!

buzz

Adventurer
ronin said:
It's always fun to hear how other people's games run. While I didn't shoot a video I did make something for my Savage Tide campaign here at home.

http://www.worldaccordingtonick.com/gamingzone/gallery.asp

It really helped the session go alot smoother than if I just tried to describe the scene. If you have time to do something similar Merric I'd highly suggest it!
Dude! You need to start a separate thread where you discuss how you built this step by step.

ronin

Explorer
buzz said:
Dude! You need to start a separate thread where you discuss how you built this step by step.

I think I'll take that advice buzz and put something together this weekend. I still haven't taken it apart yet, that will most likely happen this weekend as well. I was hoping to pass it along to another group running through STAP but so far I haven't had any takers over at the Paizo boards.

Once I get something typed up on how I built it I'll start that other thread.

Oryan77

Adventurer
Olaf the Stout said:
Maybe it's hearing it from a recording or something but you and the female in the clip (Peggy?) both sound like you have a bit of an English accent.
I thought the same exact thing! :confused:

I just didn't say anything cause I didn't wanna come across as a "dumb" American. So see, Americans aren't dumb, and you guys do sound like "mrrmlll mrrr mrrlllmmrrr mrlll cast a spell mrrr....mrrrll mrml...etc." over the recording :p

Pale Master

First Post
In the future all RPGing will be via Youtube.

Seriously, it's neat to hear (although it would be neater to see) a famous ENWorld celebrity like Merric.

Next I hope we get to see Piratecat or Quasqueton or Shilsen.

My theory is that Quasqueton is actually an advanced, artifically intelligent nanobot hive, sent by Skynet from the future to understand D&D. Piratecat is an actual cat, in a twee little pirate suit, typing away at the keyboard like the LOLCats.

Col_Pladoh, while a real colonel, is not really Pla-doh.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Oryan77 said:
I thought the same exact thing! :confused:

I just didn't say anything cause I didn't wanna come across as a "dumb" American. So see, Americans aren't dumb, and you guys do sound like "mrrmlll mrrr mrrlllmmrrr mrlll cast a spell mrrr....mrrrll mrml...etc." over the recording :p

The first couple of lines are very hard to understand, admittedly.

Some people really have trouble with the accents; others don't.

I've had people throughout my life mistake me for English. My accent is probably more Australian than English, but it's less Australian than some, and so many get confused. :)

I lived in England for 6 months when I was 6, and I watch a *lot* of Doctor Who... I guess that explains it... ;)

Anyway, this weekend I'm playing (playing!) Star Wars, and there's also a boardgame day. :)

Cheers!

Remove ads