Zak Smith is suing his accusers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemerton

Legend
Frankly, I'm so tired of accusations, allegations, rumors, insinuations, and alleged incidents, I really couldn't care less. That's not a great attitude, but there it is.
This seems confused. An allegation by X that Y did such-and-such too her may be true or false. But it's not an insinuation. And it's not a rumour. It is an accusation or an allegation, and I'm not sure why you'd be tired of those given that they're the main way we learn that wrong things have been done to human beings.

This seems confused. An allegation by X that Y did such-and-such too her may be true or false. But it's not an insinuation. And it's not a rumour. It is an accusation or an allegation, and I'm not sure why you'd be tired of those given that they're the main way we learn that wrong things have been done to human beings.

In the USA you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Until that point had been reached there is neither a literal, nor legal, difference between accusation, insinuation, and rumor.

Autopsies are the main way way we learn that wrong things have been done to Human beings.

In any case, I don't care, and I'm done with this thread.

cmad1977

Hero
In the USA you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Until that point had been reached there is neither a literal, nor legal, difference between accusation, insinuation, and rumor.

Autopsies are the main way way we learn that wrong things have been done to Human beings.

Nobody cares if you don’t care. Odd that people need to say loudly and often ‘they don’t care!’. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon

This is a logical fallacy.

If you are accused of sexual harassment at work, you will probably lose your job, even though there is no court case. If an artist makes racist statements, people will stop buying their albums, even though there were no court case.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
Zak I'm sure did everything he's accused of, though being rich, he will be able to walk away without punishment that a normal person would. That is the way the world works.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I think it's going to be really hard to get any sort of thoughtful commentary on this issue because the "sides" have been firmly entrenched for or against Zak for decades for reasons completely unrelated to this particular issue. I.e., people have either defended him to the teeth, or hated his guts, long before these allegations were made, and I suspect those feelings will significantly color any commentary made in regards to this particular issue.

Either way, I suppose my biggest hope is that whoever the victims are in this case, they can get closure and the perpetrator(s) can get held accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases