Zak Smith is suing his accusers

Status
Not open for further replies.

macd21

Adventurer
It's all rather tricky.
Person A is accused of bad things by Persons B to E. They arent pursued for this by either criminal or civil court.
The accusation affects Person A in detrimental ways.
I guess Person A either goes quiet trying to cope with the detrimental things or Person A pushes back. Can't think of anything else they could do?

Apologise. Make amends.

pemerton

Legend
Person A says that they saw Person B murder a homeless person, Person B says that Person A is lying.
That is not parallel to this situation. We have first-hand testimony from multiple people saying that person Z has harassed/assaulted them in various ways. Besides the corroborating tendency of this tendency, we have further evidence that is consistent with and lends some support to these accusations.

If one is going to suspend judgement then one suspends judgement. Cheering on ZakS's lawsuit - "I'll drink to that and take it one step further, I'm glad that someone (Smith) is finally doing taking a stand against it" - isn't doing that.

If one is going to weigh the balance of the evidence here, I don't see how it possibly speaks in favour of ZakS or "false allegations".

Sadras

Legend
I wake up every day terrified my wife will be attacked while walking to a hair or eyebrow appointment, or harassed or attacked while walking our dog while I’m at work, or by a cop pulling her over, or that a male acquaintance will manage to manufacture or take advantage of a situation where I am not around.

The difference is that my fear is founded in how the world actually works.

I have similar fears for my wife - as she likes to run and we live in a country far more dangerous than the USA.
But I'm curious - why do you have fears of a cop pulling her over - I mean that is listed within your top fears presumably? Are there many instances of male cops taking advantage?

Last edited:

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
I have similar fears for my wife - as she like to run and we live in a country far more dangerous than the USA.
But I'm curious - why do you have fears of a cop pulling her over - I mean that is listed within your top fears presumably? Are there many instances of male cops taking advantage?

Couple of years ago, two NYPD plainclothes detectives arrested a seventeen-year-old on alleged drug charges and then both had sexual intercourse with her while she was handcuffed in the back of their car. Both detectives claimed this sexual conduct was consensual, and that they didn't know she was underage.

Bad enough.

While the victim and her mother were in the hospital for treatment, nine of the detectives' coworkers showed up at the victim's hospital room to "convince" her not to file a police report.

The detectives were eventually charged with first-degree rape and kidnapping among other charges, and they voluntarily resigned from the NYPD. They accepted plea deals in which they were convicted of bribery and served no jail time.

The other nine peace officers all still work for the NYPD.

Sadras

Legend
The detectives were eventually charged with first-degree rape and kidnapping among other charges, and they voluntarily resigned from the NYPD. They accepted plea deals in which they were convicted of bribery and served no jail time.

Pretty shocking story. How does it go from rape & kidnapping + other charges to bribery?
I cannot seem to make the connection between what they did and bribery which wouldn't even enter the equation (I think).

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Pretty shocking story. How does it go from rape & kidnapping + other charges to bribery?
I cannot seem to make the connection between what they did and bribery which wouldn't even enter the equation (I think).

There were 50 separate counts on the indictment. My best guess is that the bribery charges stem from them asking her what she'd be willing to do to get out of being arrested before... doing whatever they wanted anyway.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
There were 50 separate counts on the indictment. My best guess is that the bribery charges stem from them asking her what she'd be willing to do to get out of being arrested before... doing whatever they wanted anyway.
Exactly.

They “accepted” her “bribe” of sexual favors to reduce the charges against her.

Doesn't pass my sniff test, but it’s helping someone sleep easier.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I am terrified of being accused falsely of domestic violence, sexual misconduct, and rape because of how being falsely accused can destroy you. I wake up terrified of that everyday.

I hate to say it but...

You should be far more concerned about cancer, heart attacks, car accidents and mental illness. These destroy WAY MORE PEOPLE than false accusations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads