Zaratan - A Giant Turtle - Where to find it?

comareddin

First Post
In AD&D 2nd edition monstous manual there was a creature named Zaratan. The said creature was a giant turtle carrying an entire island on his back. I looked through the 3rd edition book books MM 1, 2 and 3 but couldn't find it. Does anyone know if this creature was published in a 3 or 3.5 edition book, or was its conversion to the current rule system was done by someone? If so could you please point me in the right direction. If someone has manually converted the zaratan could s/he please post the stats and the abilities.

Com

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
If you were interested in an "official" conversion, the zaratan made its way into Arms and Equipment Guide, of all things.

Demiurge out.

HeavyG

First Post
Crothian said:
Not with me running the show :lol: :p :]

I'm not sure what you mean by this, exactly.

But we're talking about a living island, here. Look up how many hit points a small section of stone wall has and tell me these kinds of stats make sense !

This creature should be treated more like scenery than like a typical monster, IMO.

(I was exagerrating a little for dramatic effect, though. We could probably only remove half of its hit points or so the first round.)

Crothian

First Post
HeavyG said:
I'm not sure what you mean by this, exactly.

That I feel I can run a battle with one of these in my campaign and have it destroy a 19th level party, but that's neither here nor there.

comareddin

First Post
Oh god, it really is considered an equipment now, and I was considering of including it in my plot as an island, being asleep for centuries.

The version in the A&E Guide is CR 20 with 554 hp, 32 AC and minimal combat abilities.

Com

HeavyG

First Post
Crothian said:
That I feel I can run a battle with one of these in my campaign and have it destroy a 19th level party, but that's neither here nor there.

You're really impressing me here, C. I mean, taking a creature with one weak attack, a super low AC, low intelligence and no mobility and challenging a high level group with it. Wow. Are you going to start a Bothered About Disposable Zaratan group or what ? :D

Crothian

First Post
HeavyG said:
You're really impressing me here, C. I mean, taking a creature with one weak attack, a super low AC, low intelligence and no mobility and challenging a high level group with it. Wow. Are you going to start a Bothered About Disposable Zaratan group or what ? :D

No, I was just going to drop it on them :lol:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases