ZEITGEIST Zeitgeist and Roll20, any info?

How do you advertise these? Is it just word of mouth, or do you have to hope people spot it on the Roll20 front page? Is there some other site that highlights new Roll20 modules?

Tormyr

Adventurer
There really is not a good place to advertise where you can catch all of Roll20's eyeballs. Roll20 used to retweet content creators but mostly tweets their shows nowadays. I generally put together a post here, on the Roll20 forum, and on the Roll20 subreddit.

MarkM

Explorer
The Roll20 marketplace is really terrible. You'd think they would be motivated to help people who want to give them money do so, but not the case. I'm baffled as to why you can't search by intended level as well as system. As a GM buying adventures, I would always have a particular gaming system in mind and either be looking for a full campaign or an adventure for an existing party, but you can't look for all 5e adventures for 5th level characters or sort by intended level range. There's also no review system, so it's very difficult to tell what is amazing and what is garbage.

MarkM

Explorer
What is this Roll20 witchcraft? I've looked so many times for this, including searching the forums. My filter menu only gives length as an option for adventures. Do you have to type a command in the text search? If so, is there a list somewhere? I've used Roll20 for 4 years, but you've taught me a lot of new tricks. If there is some super obvious button I've been missing all this time I'm going to feel very foolish.

Tormyr

Adventurer
No, I am a publisher, so I tag my products with filters like those, and I know what exists. You just start typing in the search bar to get the filters suggested. I don't know any other way to find out about it without someone telling you or stumbling on it through dumb luck.

Remove ads