ZEITGEIST ZEITGEIST Returns with Ryan Nock's 'Death of the Author' for D&D 5E

author_ks_cover_600x600.jpg

Fans of the ZEITGEIST campaign setting, and its critically-acclaimed D&D adventure path, The Gears of Revolution, will be pleased to hear that ZEITGEIST creator Ryan Nock has returned to the setting with a brand new adventure called Death of the Author. Fully compatible with core 5E, it's also the first EN Publishing adventure to contain a small glimpse of the Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition rules.

Coming next week on Kickstarter!

mediamodifier_image-6_copy_3_600x600.png

title_600x600.png

A clandestine sale of military secrets draws your party to a gathering at a remote manor in the Malice Lands, where the thief and their buyer aren’t the only guests with a hidden agenda.

Among the several foreign travelers are a scholar plumbing the manor’s vile history, a too-friendly preacher, two veterans who fought on opposite sides of the last war, and a prophet who foretells a greater war yet to come. But their host is a famous author who has seemingly chosen to surround himself with people who might want him dead.

When a storm rolls in, the tale of the murderous evening will be penned in blood - blood that may well be your own, unless you can figure out whom among the guests you can trust, who is the thief, and who is the killer.

mediamodifier_image-6_copy_600x600.png

mediamodifier_image-6_copy_5_600x600.png

A diverse cast of NPCs, including assassins, priests, bodyguards, painters, scientists, gunslingers, butlers, and more! Who can you trust? Which among them could be the killer?

mediamodifier_image-6_copy_2_600x600.png

hirou

Explorer
I'm looking forward to hearing how the setting deals with uncertainties from the base AP, as I imagine people would want to see the mark their party made during the AP reflected in the setting. I also hope that the book has advice for using it in tandem with the AP.
I've played this pre-release with a group of players not finishing the base AP (still in limbo of adventure 8). We made it do with "SOMETHING BIG happened 20 years ago, and the world is still reeling" and no further spoilers. The required context for the DotA in general is a) philosophy-inclined nation has a political crysis brewing, b) there are places in the world with strange magical effects and c) there are various countries and political powers in the world with different interests. These are not strictly tied neither to ZG setting nor to the specific consequences of base AP conclusion. It can serve as an introduction for ZG setting, as a return to it or as a standalone adventure.

For the record, I'm eagerly waiting for the release of finalized adventure and hope that the full setting book is progressing nicely.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases