ZEITGEIST [ZEITGEIST] The Continuing Adventures of Korrigan & Co.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Or did I put that in his stat block?
Yep. I was going to say, if it’s a pop culture reference, it was probably you! I often take those juicy little bits of flavour text from the stat blocks and weave them into the narrative.

Re, the death of Harkover. Came as a bit of a surprise that. I felt sure that the players would keep him alive. But when it came down to it, no one could actually save him. They sat there looking at their character sheets, drawing blanks.

Tragic, especially since in combat there are glimpses of his true self that prove he’s being dominated. But dramatically more satisfying somehow.

Eventually, when he was already declared dead, someone turned to Rumdoom and asked if he couldn’t have used his Good Endings power to save him. Rumdoom said, “Yes, but that was a good ending, wasn’t it?”

gideonpepys

So who's all here?

I might be on a hiding to nothing with this one, but I am interested to find out who reads this campaign journal and thought that now - during a seasonal hiatus in our game, as we head into the home straight - would be a good time to ask. (Once we're done, in a couple of months, it will feel a bit redundant.)

There seems to be a fairly steady number who check the thread out but I have no idea if they are just passing through or if they read it regularly. Of course, there are one or two who make comments and/or leave reactions, which helps me to convince myself that I'm not just shouting down a well, and I am grateful for that. Otherwise, on the new and improved site, there is a 'views' counter that seems to suggest a steady 1000-or-so views for every week I post (so maybe 250 per post). But again, I don't know how these things are counted, and whether its, like, one guy reading each post 250 times!

Anyway, I'm interested to hear from anyone who reads us. A simple shout-out would suffice, but if you'd like to tell me a bit more about how long you've been reading and why you read (and whether you're also running Zeitgeist), that would be interesting too.

This is all just a matter of pure curiosity, it's not like I'll be using the feedback in any meaningful way! I've been meaning to ask for ages, but thought I might draw a blank. Don't leave me hanging, people!

(Cue sound of desert winds, and tumbleweed.)

I read it with interest. I wonder how my players will react to the campaign (we are on a holiday hiatus and they just started the second adventure, so I fear they will have forgotten everything when the break is over...) Keep up the good job!

gideonpepys

Well, that went well. Since I posted my invitation for folks to stop by and say hi, we've had another 1000 views, but only three very welcome responses to my invite. (Thanks, guys!) The question as to who exactly checks out this thread must remain a mystery, which is kind of what I was expecting.

Now, on with the story:

Remove ads