Zombie Hunt (Bront Judging) [Concluded]

IcyCool

First Post
EternalSword said:
"That thing is a lot closer to arrowproof than I thought. A heavy crossbow might be able to hurt it, though. Balnibar, you have any more deathtrap ideas? That boulder drop seemed to put a dent in the thing, and it's unlikely it will be repaired."

"Agreed. I am hesitant to cause more property damage than has already been accomplished, but leaving that beast to wander would be folly. Our current weaponry is not of much use against it. Perhaps alchemical fire or blessed holy water would injure it? We'll need to see to Meksoor and Balnibar's wounds at any rate, perhaps we can ask the healer if they know more." Aidan looks to the farmers and asks, "Is there a healer nearby?"

Patlin

Explorer
"Well, there's a herbalist a few miles away. We don't have any magic healers anywhere close, though. Unless the supplies at the depot have something for emergencies, that is, though I don't know you could get the Sarge to release stuff like that. Leastwise not when your friends look to be recovering OK without such."

ooc: Do you want to continue? You can have another shot at it if you like, or we can close up. The in character reason to close up would be another group of bounty hunters (npcs) would slay the zombie. I was sort of leaning that way myself, so unless a majority of players announce a desire to keep going, I'll start in with closing up info shortly. I assume we'll lose some people for a few days starting tomorrow, so I'll try to post before then.

Anti-Sean

First Post
OOC: I'm fine either way. In case we continue, I'm leaving town within the hour for Turkey Day festivities, and won't have any net access again until Saturday night.

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: I'm also fine with continuing, we just need to regroup, heal up, and try a different tactic. Either way, I'll be away from this evening until Monday.

Patlin

Explorer
xp award
For 3 months and the battle, I award a total of 350 xp per character. (Defeating the zombie would have been worth 338 xp, reduced to 200 as the battle was largely unsuccesfull.)

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
OOC: I'd be willing to regroup and determine a new tactic. On the other hand, I don't particularly mind losing from time to time as long as I survive, so we can also wrap this up.

Patlin

Explorer
After the battle, you rest up for three full days, and you are all completely healed and back in fighting shape. What do you intend to do now?

Patlin

Explorer
IcyCool said:
OOC: I'm confused, have we wrapped this up? If so, Aidan returns to the Shard.

The consensus seemed to be to keep going, but as no one had responded to my last post I was thinking we ought to wrap it up instead. I'm thinking this adventure was ill conceived for the play by post format, though I still think it would have worked face to face. Perhaps Aidan would have more fun with the hook I'm currently dangling at the Shard?

Remove ads