• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )

Mewness

First Post
"Few indeed are this one's talents, and his ability to keep up with his honored companions is altogether very limited," One-Who-Waits admits, without any sign of distress over his supposed uselessness. "Yet this one is unmannerly enough to press his aid upon the honored warriors however little it may accomplish." He pauses and looks thoughtfully at the warehouse.

It seems likely that another ambush is waiting within. Does One-Who-Waits notice anything untoward in terms of unusual activity, lack of usual activity, or the like?

[sblock=perception check in case it's important]perception (1d20+9=18)[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry for the delay, works been crazy. Updating Montroya now.[/sblock]

"Indeed an ambush may be waiting for us. The office or the stairs to it may be trapped, thinking we will go there first. I say go in the front. Perhaps we can get disguised and go in that way. The owner of the cafe may have information to what we will face as well."

[sblock=ooc]
Leveled Montroya
Added toughness feat, hand of radiance power(retrain), silent malediction(new source retrain), shroud of warning(daily, utility 2)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Stringbean2142

First Post
As the group approaches the warehouse, Mesa is almost oblivious to what is going on around him. Something is different, and he is searching inwardly to find it. His soul still glows in the very core of him, and he can feel the spirits around him.

The spirits! There are new ones now. He has always been able to sense that there were more spirits then those in the winds and lightning, but never before could he do more then sense them as a vague presence. But now, he can sense... water? In the air around him?

"How come ye to be there, friends?" Mesa glances across the street at the warehouse, noting it as where the group was headed, but works on the existence of these new spirits he could talk to. "Yer pretty spread out. Is there way I could talk with ye a bit more...gathered, I guess?"

He pushes his will out, trying to gather more of the water-spirits together, and they do. It's a strain, but he can feel them gathering, reaching towards some form of threshold.

Abruptly, the spirits pour together in a type of joyfully embrace, and Mesa can feel the more playful manner these spirits have. He can also see the mist forming around the warehouse's front entrance, and the pleasure the spirits are broadcasting from having formed that mist. He can also imagine the surprise of anyone inside the warehouse.

"Oh, panther crap." He looks back at the rest of the party. "Umm, whatever we do should be quick. Ye should know, that mist may have been my doing." He shrugs sheepishly, turning back to the mist he has caused.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Cast Obscuring Mist to obscure the front door of the warehouse. Since it's the first time I'm using it, the mist is a burst one within 10. Place it where you like, Mal, since it's somewhat undirected this time, but he was looking at the warehouse doors, so I figured that's where it would go.[/sblock]
[sblock=Leveling]Just submitted my character for level 2. Took the Obscuring Mist power, retrained my daily to Wind Prison, and took the erocious Tiger Form feat.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tomalak

First Post
Without speaking, Andrec begins gesturing to the others. Attaching his shield to his arm, he points Jarel-Karn to the left door, and the bug guy to the right. Then he motions for everybody else to stay back, to either side so the ranged characters don't become a primary target. Then Andrec pantomimes opening the two doors at the same time, and staying back out of sight. Unsheathing his sword, Andrec takes position behind the right-side door.

[sblock=tactics] Presuming they don't know we're here, we get to choose the way this battle starts. But they have the advantage of starting here, and it's a big area so they likely have the advantage.

Akay, here's my suggestion. Assuming the doors open inward, Jarel-Karn J0, One-Who-Waits I0, Molok O0, Andrec P0. Everybody else, either north or south of the others. If the doors open outward, then start at -2, rather than 0, so that we aren't behind the doors, bu aren't in front of the opening. After seeing who's inside (and where) Jarel-Karn, Molok, and Andrec charge the front, and the others don't come in until after the bad guys take their turn.

That's my plan.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Montroya steps into the mists, Mesa was right, even if he didn't know it. The quicker they struck the better. The deva, learning from the battles so far, had steeled his nerves and called upon Apoli's blessings to give him tenacity for the battle to come. "Strike quickly my friends, Apoli blesses us with the speed of the light. I'll be right behind you."

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Clarification: I want two waves. Jarel-Karn, me, and Molok run in first. But I want everybody else to hang back until the bad guys close. That way the bad guys will get stuck in combat with us, and not get to swarm the ranged units.

Just wanted to make double-sure that got through.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads