City of the Spider Queen

DemonAtheist

First Post
Hazrael looks at the map, although he already knows the area as well as the map can show.

Lord Morn seems like the type of man that can be trusted to tell the truth. This may be all that he knows, in which case it would be better to go to the crypts themselves. Maybe from there a fitting plan can be formed.

Hazrael gives the Lord an almost imperceptible nod. As he waits for the others to make their decisions, he looks them over.

Two humans...unfortunate that my time is to be spent with such as these. However much Lord Morn feels he can trust these two, he is of course biased to trust his race. The other...as I am a demon he is surely a fish. I must find time to talk to him alone when we are done with Morn.

Looking at the map, Jyren found himself idly trailing a hand along the rivers that were marked out. Seemingly coming out of a dazed state, he stepped back and looked around at the others he was with, "If...there is nothing else that you know, Lord Morn, then I believe we should move on. If there is another raid, I believe it would be best for us to get there first and intercept it...if not..." he shrugged, "There is nothing wrong with being cautious, however."

silentspace

First Post
"Ah, well, I was ready to leave quite a while ago. When I suggested we leave, that is. But now that we see something fairly large labeled 'The Undead Castle' on the map, not far from where we are headed to, I am no longer ready. What is 'The Undead Castle'?"

Rayex

First Post
Day 1 - At Randal Morns

You mean Bloodstone? Another of the ancient ruins from old. Some years ago a group of zombies led by a hopefull young sorceress took up residence there. They were quickly chased away by the local militia, but it is still being called the Undead Castle by some.

Lord Morn shakes his head, showing his distace of the nickname.

silentspace

First Post
Rashak studies Randal for a moment. Then, apparently satisfied, he says, "Alright, thank you. Perhaps now would be a good time for you to give us our first payment, and then we'll be off to visit this cleric of Tyr." Rashak smiles diplomatically.

Rayex

First Post
Day 1 - At Lord Morns

The Lord walks over to a cabinet by the fireplace and hands over four rather bulging purses. Here is the advance payment. Use it well, and good luck!

silentspace

First Post
Rashak accepts his bundle, and assuming the others agree, heads out to visit Tunfer the Stout, the cleric of Tyr, with Randal Morn's letter.

Along the way, he asks the others "Randal said this Tunfer should be able to equip us well. What should we ask for? Merlion, you're the expert on undeath, what do you think?"

Last edited:

Dakkareth

First Post
Having heard of the incident at Bloodstone before Merion is more interested in the advance payment, accepting it with a small bow before leaving right after Rashak. He eyes Hazrael curiously but not unfriendly on the way to the gods-man.

A tiefling, now that's interesting. Don't they usually walk the planes? I wonder, of what descent he is ... Well, at least he probably won't object to extreme measures I might need to take.

To Rashak's question the wizard replies off-handedly: Should we face undead, I'm confident, that the usual methods of fire and swords will suffice. A few potions of restoration and maybe a clerical spell or two could be useful though, just in case. And I'm getting myself some healing draughts anyway.

[OOC:
Who took the letter with Morn's seal on it? This Tunfer will want to see it ...
]

Jyren thanked the Lord and soon followed the others towards the temple of Tyr. Smelling the stale air as he walked, he spoke up a little less quietly this time, "I would suggest we prepare ourselves with as much healing as is possible. It will be best to see what else this Tunfer can offer us, of course..."

((OOC: Edited in Bold tags))

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Day 1 - At the Temple of Tyr

The temple is not far from Lord Morns manor. It is almost noon, and most of the towns folk are outside in the sun. Street vendors compete for customers, jugglers entertain at the streetcorners and kids are running around. You arrive at the temple a few minutes after leaving Morns. Tunfer himself is waiting for you. He is a jolly fellow, with greying hair and a smile on his face. Greetings brave adventurers. You come from Lord Morn, am I right? And you are looking for suplies. Well well, I can help you. For a price. What do you want to purchase? He leads you into one of the side-chambers in the temple where a dozen or so chests are placed along the walls.

Remove ads