Team: TITAN, Class of 2004

Karl Green

First Post
TITAN campus, 11:55am, Oct 29th 2004. the Residency

Nightwing frowns at Terra and says (before a small roit starts) "I see you have a lot of misconceptions about the abilities of some of you fellow team mates Tara. I am going to have to ask you to loss the attitude very quickly if you wish to remain here. Later, maybe Monday or Tuesday we will have a little training and perhaps I will show you a couple of things that us 'crowd controls' can do to you and your fellow meta. For now, understand that while you have powers and are special, you are not all powers or invulnerable. Not even Superboy here is that good. Is that understood? I don't mean to be harsh but we have to all work together if you want to succeed here.

"OK then, lunch is just about over here. I wanted to say that the rest of the day is yours to do with as you wish. Tomorrow we will have a bit of a field trip. I would like most of you to go. It is not required but it should be fun. I know Museums are not the most exciting places in the world you might think but this one is a bit different. Also, I wanted to have you all stop by the Mall to get any additional person affects that you would like; cloths, etc
"

Last edited:

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Terra

NIGHWING said:
Nightwing frowns at Terra and says (before a small roit starts) "I see you have a lot of misconceptions about the abilities of some of you fellow team mates Tara.
...Blah blah blah blah bloobity blah blah blah...
Is that understood? I don't mean to be harsh but we have to all work together if you want to succeed here.
"

Tara sits down and gives DICK the look that he "needs" her to give... that semi-apoligetic look of misunderstanding you give teachers just to get them off your back...
Then turns to Garfield making a funny face mocking Nighwing from behind her back trying to show she doesn't care.
But then she slowly goes back into a quiet mousey mode with her body language ... if anyone where paying attention they could almost see the transformation that Terra undergoes from "TOO-UBER-CONFIDENT" to "little girl lost" when she thinks no one is looking.

and she thinks to herself...
...ah didn't mean it like that...

Mordane76

First Post
"No, I'm not that good - like I said, just read the papers; I got my clock cleaned the first time I went out because I thought I was that good. There's still a lot I have to learn about myself; Superman is a legend, and while I'm part of that lineage, I still have a lot of room for improvement," Superboy says, pausing, "just like I'm sure we all do."

Zipping up his windbreaker, Superboy rushes back up to his room and grabs a little note-pad and a pen for the trip to the museum.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Hawk

After listening to Terra rip half the team apart and Nightwing lean into her for it, Hank turned back to his table. He had to admit, she was kinda funny. While chuckling to himself about the 'talking to fish' bit, he looked up directly at Garth.

"Oh. Yeah, I got the strength thing going too. And you're trained to fight? Might have to spar sometime. I don't know a lot about swords and knives but I could teach you about guns." He felt a little embarrassed about laughing at Garth. The guy seemed straight up and also had quite a bit of powers and knowledge. Might be a good ace in the hole.

"I read about you Superboy. You do pretty good. Actually I would say you probably got the most press out of everyone in this room. I just didn't know if you could pick up the building and fly us to Metropolis or just drop kick the limo outside. You hang with Supes senior, that's good enough for me. We met him in D.C. once, the guy is just impressive."

Hank finished up his food and decided to head up and check out his room. He smiled at Cassandra as he stood. "Hey Dick, I'm gonna go check out my room and scout around a little, that's cool, right?" He said goodbye to everyone at the table and made his way over to Don.

Man, this place needs some friggin' discipline! We don't need to train to fight bad guys if we can't eat lunch without getting into a battle.

kid A

First Post
Dove

Originally posted by Wondergirl
Cassie says while still smiling at Don, "So you did, did you?" She moves her other arm to rest on the tabletop, shifts a little more over towards her headresting arm and continues, "So, what did you want to talk about? You’re an acrobatic combatant like Nightwing over there," nodding in that direction, "Isn’t that right? You use martial arts, acrobatics, and have gadgets like a swing-line...maybe some sort of throwing things or something like that, right?"

Don smiled, "Yeah, I kinda did." When asked about his powers, he leaned forward toward the table a bit more and explained, "Yeah, I'm more of an acrobatic fighter, from Nightwing's school of crimefighting. I'm a fairly skilled martial-artist, but as far as gadgets and stuff, I usually leave that to everyone else. Mostly, I'm good as a tactitian. About 99% of the time, I can see how to direct a fight to our advantage. Thing is, though, my brother and I, it seems we can only use our powers when there's danger around. Y'see..."

Don trailed off as Terra's sudden outburst seemed to get just about everyone's attention. Glancing around the room revealed that all eyes were on her for the moment. He rolled his own eyes and sighed at the display. Oh, she's going to be fun to train with. Once Nightwing had settled everyone down, Don continued. "Anyway, how about you? Your powers pretty similar to Wonder Woman's? Strength, flight, bracelets and lasso?"

Elfy

First Post
Wonder Girl

Cassie replies to Don, "Yes, similar to Wonder Woman’s abilities, but she’s stronger and she has way more experience." She smiles while continuing, "She’s like a big sister to me."

She pauses a moment as Hawk starts approaching them, and then asks Don, "Your brother's that big guy coming over here, right?" She indicates Hawk by nodding his direction before continuing, "It must be hard to train with abilities that only work when you’re in trouble."

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
Batgirl (Cassandra)

Eating her chicken Cassandra mostly ignores the whole arguement as it goes on, just shrugging then Terra raises her voice. She doesn't appear to care in the least and the spewd of her eating doesn't change one bit. Until she mentions Batman. At that she just swallows, points at the methuman and say flatly:"We'll train."
It could have been a challenge or a simple observation since her voice doesn't rise at all.
Afterwards she concentrates on her chicken again. Only Nightwing makes her look up once more but halfway through his speech she continues to eat.
Batman had never talked so much. And Cain even less. Somehow this was all really distracting.

kid A

First Post
Dove

Originally posted by Wonder Girl
She pauses a moment as Hawk starts approaching them, and then asks Don, "Your brother's that big guy coming over here, right?" She indicates Hawk by nodding his direction before continuing, "It must be hard to train with abilities that only work when you’re in trouble."

Glancing over, Don smiled and nodded in Hank's direction. "Yeah," he replied, looking back to Cassie, "yeah, that's Hank. He's the bruiser. We haven't had much training, but we're both pretty athletic so I don't think it'll be too bad. And you're right. It's gonna be somewhat difficult to train without our powers, but y'know, honestly, I think if I concentrate on my fighting skills and combat tactics, it can only help me when I'm Dove."

When Hank had reached the table, Don stood up. "Hey Hank, this's Cassie Sandsmark - Wonder Girl. Cassie, this is my brother Hank - Hawk. Where you headed, brother?"

DocHazard

First Post
Robin still survey’s the group at hand. Arsenal is cocky, but he’s good…I’ll give him that. Batgirl is a bit…I dunno, off. But, it’s nice to have someone else in the ‘family’ here.

Tim turns to her and says, “So, umm…you don’t talk much, huh? I can see that, this isn’t the most comfortable place for people like us. I mean sure, we can’t lift mountains or anything, but we can go toe to toe with those other guys any day. You’d think that would afford us a bit more respect. Something tells me that you and I (and maybe Arsenal) are going to have to stick together.” Tim gives the warmest smile he’s capable of and waits for Batgirl’s response.

In the mean time, he turns his attention to Starfire…the more I look at her, the more attractive that orange skin gets….and that smile… Oh well I’m here to get better, not get a girlfriend. Besides…I bet she’s just nice to everyone.

Elfy

First Post
Wonder Girl

Cassie replies to Don in reference to the benefits of training, "That makes sense I guess."

Her expression changes to neutral-passive as the muscular jock nears. She remains seated, but lifts her free hand off the tabletop momentarily in a casual wave, and says, "Hey," acknowledging Hank as he arrives and is introduced to her.

Remove ads