We made the DM cry...

Anthro78

Explorer
Okay, so last session we started a new game with a new DM. Four hours later he had his heads in his hands and was quietly sobbing. I think I heard, "But I spent SOOO much time designing this world?" in there somewhere.

Okay, so does anyone else have any stories of that magical time you made the DM cry?

Lhorgrim

Explorer
Can you give us some more details about how you destroyed the psyche of your DM?

Did you call him rude names or tell him he smelled of elderberries? :D

GlassJaw

Hero
So was he actually crying? I'm talking real tears now. If so, then something is definitely wrong. D&D should not make people cry - it's supposed to be fun.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
What? Like so?:
fk030418-16.JPG

Rav

Anthro78

Explorer
Lhorgrim said:
Can you give us some more details about how you destroyed the psyche of your DM?

Did you call him rude names or tell him he smelled of elderberries? :D

Well, it was a party of a stone golem monk, a yuan-ti pureblood ranger, a thri-keen barbarian and my character, a human warlock, all first level pc's. (The DM has a problem with ECL so he threw it out. My first character, a balor rougue was rejected...)

Anyhow, the kingdom was rabidly anti-arcanist, and my character was undercover. When the kingdom's only wizard invited us to dinner, then proceeded to attempt to mentally probe us and steal my character's stuff, he got a little angry and toasted the wizard's favorite chair. This resulted in my character being thrown into a cell and vowing to slaughter the wizard and his progeny. Basically the wizard was supposed to be some sort of patron, but I've gone and sworn to kill him and his children, so the DM ran out of options. That was when the sobbing started.

Oh, and he smelt of elderberries! Dirty Ka-nig-itt!

Anthro78

Explorer
Not actual tears. More moaning and holding his head... It's his second time DMing. He'll survive the experience. After some psychoanalysis rolls and some time in the local asylum, I'm sure his sanity will as low as it ever was!

Mystery Man

First Post
How can you class a mindless stone golem with no Int score?

Sounds like your DM brought it on himself by not knowing how to say no. ;)

Henry

Autoexreginated
I don't like the brakes on my car, so I'm having them removed tomorrow. :D

Are you or one of the other players a more experienced DM by chance? Would it be more helpful for your group to take it a little easier on the new DM, and offer some friendly advice before he declares DM'ing an impossible task based on one or two bad experiences? Just a friendly suggestion - a WORKING DM is handier to have than a broken one. ;)

Remove ads