• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Women venting about men

Status
Not open for further replies.

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
In the interest of equal time (and from the suggestion made by Sniffles) I, a man, invite all women who visit ENWorld to vent their frustrations with our half of the species.

I will now step aside and let the venting begin. Enjoy.

Sebastian Francis

First Post
DungeonmasterCal said:
In the interest of equal time (and from the suggestion made by Sniffles) I, a man, invite all women who visit ENWorld to vent their frustrations with our half of the species.

I will now step aside and let the venting begin. Enjoy.

There are women on Enworld?

Sebastian Francis

First Post
DungeonmasterCal said:

Hmmm. Not to be difficult, but how do you *know* they are women? On the internet, the only thing we know about people is what they choose to tell us. And because we don't know the people in the first place, we have no real reason to believe what they tell us.

For example, am I a woman? Or a man? White? Black? Asian? Young? Old? You really have no way of knowing.

Just a thought.

reveal

Adventurer
Sebastian Francis said:
Hmmm. Not to be difficult, but how do you *know* they are women? On the internet, the only thing we know about people is what they choose to tell us. And because we don't know the people in the first place, we have no real reason to believe what they tell us.

For example, am I a woman? Or a man? White? Black? Asian? Young? Old? You really have no way of knowing.

Just a thought.

Because they said they were. I have no way of knowing if you're an alien from Mars but if you told me you were an Earthling I'd believe you because you've given me no reason to doubt you.

Hijinks

First Post
Ok I can start :lol:

Why do men endanger their relationships by not talking about things that are bothering their women?

I realize it's a big can o' worms to open up about "talking" and "communication" in relationships, but...

If I tell my SO that something bothers me and I want to talk about it, why would he then avoid talking about it? This pushes the woman away and makes her feel she's not wanted. I realize men are taught from day one to internalize their feelings, but I think a lot of relationships would be helped by men realizing that women NEED to talk about things. Men don't have to communicate back a whole lot, just listen and try to see her point of view. And I'm not talking about "which dress should I wear, the red or the black?" I'm talking about relationship issues, i.e. "I'm feeling neglected" or "Should we have another baby" and so on.

cuteasaurus

First Post
I don't have any specific gripes I guess, though that perhaps is due to the fact that my SO is also "on the boards..." :p

freebfrost

Explorer
Hijinks said:
If I tell my SO that something bothers me and I want to talk about it, why would he then avoid talking about it? This pushes the woman away and makes her feel she's not wanted. I realize men are taught from day one to internalize their feelings, but I think a lot of relationships would be helped by men realizing that women NEED to talk about things. Men don't have to communicate back a whole lot, just listen and try to see her point of view. And I'm not talking about "which dress should I wear, the red or the black?" I'm talking about relationship issues, i.e. "I'm feeling neglected" or "Should we have another baby" and so on.
You just answered this question yourself. We internalize feelings and deal with it mentally first.

Actually, a lot of these issues could easily be solved if women would realize that deep down, men are simple creatures. Really. You think we are much more complex than we truly are.

You aren't really asking us to *talk* about having another baby - you want us to empathize with your current feelings on the topic, whereas we go off and think about it, then will give you our list of pro's and con's for the whole thing. But you really didn't want that, did you?

Also, we don't really process surprises very well - ask us about drinking stories, or football scores, or something we deal with on a regular basis, and we are fine. Blindside us with something you've been thinking about on the side or have just "mentioned once or twice," and we'll go into shutdown mode.

Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads