[OOC] Ethend Game: The Hunt for Cantus [Recruiting]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Wow, this really looks to be interesting. :D

I'm shocked that gestalt character's are not banned outright...

I still have a lot of the above material to read but yeah… This really looks great! :D

Edit: Ferrix, I have a question about the Fyndorn region human. Should the scout class be part of their favored classes?

Last edited:

Dichotomy

Explorer
I have never done PbP before, but I found all the reading fascinating. If there is anything you would like changed about the background, let me know. I am adaptable.

Also, would you advise reading your past adventure?

Delynn Alendon, Elven Female Druid
Background: Delynn was born to rather simple parents. They were not wise or important, but rather simple gardeners. But they enjoy life, and they love the land. All that they lacked were children to love.
Delynn was not the first child born to her parents. The first child was a son, named Aravilar. Delynn’s parents were overjoyed at having a child, but their joy was dashed to pieces. Aravilar died within minutes of his birth. There was no cause determined.
For years Delynn’s parents wept and mourned. They finally decided that only by trying again could they fill the void Aravilar left. Delynn was born, and she was physically healthy. As a baby Delynn was a blessing. Never did she cry or fuss. Rather, anyone that ever looked on her visage thought it was amazing to see a baby always so content. That look of contentment, however, was not what it appeared. As Delynn grew from an infant to a toddler, her expression never changed. She never showed fear, wonder, anxiety, or joy. She also never made noise. She never cooed or babbled. She did not play with toys. She didn’t run or jump. And when she grew older still, she never spoke. She was dumb.
Delynn’s parents didn’t know what to think. Their child was dumb and mute. They did the only thing they could: they loved Delynn and gave her all they had to give. Delynn’s father would bring her out to garden with him. She would stand appearing content at his side, and he would hand her each vegetable as he picked them. He would put each in Delynn’s tiny hands, roll them around, and repeat the name of the vegetable. Delynn appeared to enjoy walking, and her mother would take long walks with her everyday. Delynn’s mother would tell Delynn stories and sing songs. She brought Delynn to see her friends, and they all treated Delynn as simply a silent partner in conversation. No one ignored her, but they never expected her to respond.
As Delynn neared her first century of life, her parents began to give her more freedom. Delynn would walk by herself. She would often walk and sit in places where others would pass by. She silently watched. Only strangers ever gave it much notice. Those that knew her would say hello to her as they passed. Someone on an errand might even sit next to her for a time and talk to her, as people sometimes talk simply to talk. One day one of these visitors sat next to her and looked very grim. He was an older elf near the age of Delynn’s parents.
“Hello, Delynn,” the elf softly said. He began to weep and sob. “I don’t know what to do. The tree limb broke, and now my wife is dead! She is dead!” he softly hissed. “I cannot… I cannot go on without her.” He stopped weeping and with a resigned tone repeated, “I cannot go on without her.”
Very slowly, Delynn tilted her head to the side. Her blank look faded, and she turned to the older elf. “Don’t despair,” Delynn said in a light and clear voice. “Such thoughts should not be had among elvenkind. It hurts me. It hurts you. It hurts the circle. Your pain will not always consume you. It is like a fire in the forest. It leaves behind fresh soil for rebirth and new growth. Give your love to your children now. They will help you bear the fire and plant new seeds in your soul.”
The elf stared at Delynn in wonder, and a small laugh escaped his lips. He smiled. Delynn smiled back. The elf nodded and ran in the direction of his home.

Delynn traveled for a time. She met with Shamans and Druids to learn from them. They found her to have an incredibly keen mind and a vast desire to learn. Delynn remembers nothing of her earlier life. When she “awoke” she knew how to speak, she knew where places were, she knew peoples’ names. Some of the Shamans speculate that her spirit was growing up in the Spirit World, waiting for her body to be ready, but no one really knows.
Delynn learned her craft as a Druid well. She spent some time caring for the wilds of Laerendhor and helping keep it safe from those that should not be in it. But she found that she was not content to remain at home. She spent a couple of years Fyndorn where she learned how to survive in the different climate and learned some from the barbarian shamans. She then spent some time in Cihairdun, where she tried to help some of the humans live the old way.
Now Delynn has found herself at a turning point. She doesn’t know what it is, but she senses something in the back of her mind. Like the leaf in the fall, she senses change coming. But she doesn’t know what it is, and she is afraid…

Personality: Delynn is usually very quiet and soft-spoken. While she is very friendly with people that she knows, and also with strangers if they speak with her, many people mistakenly think that she is completely self-absorbed and snobbish. In fact she is actually simply so introverted and so abstract that it merely looks like she is intentionally distant. Delynn is very kind to most people, but when she is angered, she acts very quickly to deal with the problem.

Appearance: Delynn is slightly short and thin for an elf, but not much so. Her hair is long and unkempt, but it is a stunning silvery color. Her skin is quite fair, but not pale, and her eyes are light blue. Her attire is simple and functional, and while it is well-worn and probably not impeccably clean, it is cared for well. Delynn often has a far away look about her when alone or thinking. When talking with others her only expression is a soft smile. Only rarely now does she still look as she did as a child: content.

G

Guest 11456

As mentioned in the other thread, Layonarai will be returning in a slightly modified state.

Tailspinner

DrZombie

First Post
Aeltwyn ip Llaellas walked through the logging camp, carefully keeping a tight leash on his thoughts. He slipped into the inn through the back door, seemingly unnoticed by the innkeeper and his wife. Unnoticed he entered the common room through the kitchen, and stood still in a shadowy corner.
A big baldshaven man sat at a table at the side, fidgeting and looking at the door. Aeltwyn had agreed to meet him here, half an hour ago.
* Allright, you greedy SOB, let's see why you are so nervous* he thought, and concentrated, slowly burrowing his way into the other mans mind.
*Bastard, he's gonna sell us out.* With a savage glee, his mental fingers, after finding out the truth, stopped their gentle caressing and ripped through the traitor's mind, tearing and rending. With a cry, the bald man collapsed, blood streaming out of his nose and ears.
Aeltwyn used the commotion to slip out again, unnoticed. Another small victory for the resistance.

I'm thinking about a psion, with maybe a few levels rogue thrown in.....

Bobitron

Explorer
I'm not in a position to join, but I skimmed over the setting information and it looked great! Is that all your work, Ferrix? Best of luck in the game.

Ferrix

Explorer
Brother Shatterstone said:
Wow, this really looks to be interesting. :D

I'm shocked that gestalt character's are not banned outright...

I still have a lot of the above material to read but yeah… This really looks great! :D

Edit: Ferrix, I have a question about the Fyndorn region human. Should the scout class be part of their favored classes?

Scout class would fit their favored class fine.

Ferrix

Explorer
Bobitron said:
I'm not in a position to join, but I skimmed over the setting information and it looked great! Is that all your work, Ferrix? Best of luck in the game.

Yeah, it's all my own work. Thanks for the props, surprisingly a lot of inspiration for the world has come the second time around and I've fleshed out quite a bit.

Ferrix

Explorer
Ah, forgot to mention this.

Since you'll be starting at 7th level, prestige classes are an option however, I'd like you to run them by me first as some modifications may need to be made.

Also, check out the prior Mythar Invasion threads for reference to the prior party and some of the members who will be continuing through as well as a general feel of the world.

The Mythar Resistance:
OOC:
OOC: , [IC], [RG].

Remove ads