Tales of the Eldeen Reaches: The first night : a lot of questions & skill checks

Bront

The man with the probe
We're waiting on Dr, he hasn't been around for a few days (It happens), but he'll be here soon.

BTW, Ozmar, where in MN are you? My GF's from the Mineappolis/Burnsville area.

Ozmar

First Post
Bront said:
We're waiting on Dr, he hasn't been around for a few days (It happens), but he'll be here soon.

BTW, Ozmar, where in MN are you? My GF's from the Mineappolis/Burnsville area.

Cool, is she cute? ;) (Just kidding - I'm happily married to a gamer girl. :p )

Cottage Grove is SE of Saint Paul. South of Woodbury, East of Apple Valley, North of Hastings. In fact... check this out.

I work in Bloomington/Edina. Burnsville is just south of Bloomington, and west of Cottage Grove. There's lots of places to live around here...

Ozmar the Midwesterner

Bront

The man with the probe
Cool. It's not a bad place, but I'm a lifelong Chicagoan and can't complain either. Job market issues make it a hard move as well.

And there's a pic of her with me in the user galleries (She's the one that's not William Shatner)

Ozmar

First Post
I'd be really sad for you if your GF looked like William Shatner. :lol:

[shatner]"But... Spock! We should have... shopped with... Priceline!"[/shatner]

Ozmar the Impersonator

DrZombie

First Post
All right, the game is starting. Sorry for all the railroading.

The dear has been brought down by a large predator. From tracks you can see that it was dragged to the camp, then left. If you want to you can still try to see what exactly made the tracks.

As for Scarfang : he is not an approachable figure. He's very intimidating, speaks only when he wants and ignores all questions. You have the feeling that you are just pieces on a chess board to him, to be moved where and when he wants to. He could be watching over you, he could have left you in the woods.
This could be a test, or he could have left you, or somethign else might have come up.

Except for starting the game, I'm not much of a railroader. I'm a bit more a laisez-faire GM, basically if y'all decide in-game that you leave the campsite to go on a great adventure, so be it. Feel free to do whatever you want. I would advise against taking off on your own, leaving the group. The Eldeen reaches are dangerous for a 1st level char all by itself.

For the rest : if you think that, if you were a GM, you'd call for a roll for the actions your characters take, make one. Don't bother with linking to dicerollers. I trust you not to cheat, and besides, dicerollers aren't cheat-proof, I've seen people use different dicerollers in different posts, so my nasty GM mind thinks they just use fifteen different rollers and pick the one with the best result.

So, those on watch :
Spot, listen, and fort checks. Any actions you want to make, post 'em IC.

Let's get this show on the road.

Last edited:

Ozmar

First Post
And really, what's to stop you from rolling 100 times until you get one you like?

Never used dice rollers before myself, but I just tried one (and linked it) to see how it works.

Incidentally, Silver's comment about Scarfang lurking nearby wasn't any inside knowledge on my (or her) part. She just wanted to say something reassuring. Maybe she's trying to convince herself?

Ozmar the Commentator

Bront

The man with the probe
I always use my ENworld account name on invisable castle when I use one for public reference, so mine's been pretty even, but yes, I could see how some people could rotate in some way.

DrZombie

First Post
it's your choice, really. Just play it out like you want to.

FYI, things will stay quiet untill the morning, so no nasty attacks, but your characters will expect some. Feel free to be spooked by things that go bump in the night.

Remove ads