Tales of the Eldeen Reaches: The first night : a lot of questions & skill checks

Bront

The man with the probe
Swift is his last name, it's not The, though I could see that being a nickname for him :) So probably no need to change anything :)

DrZombie

First Post
Bront allready knows that I am a fairly "loose" gamesmaster, in that I try to steer the game as little as possible. For me, an 'ingame' day ends when someone either posts ingame that he goes to bed and the rest agrees, or when someone posts at the OOC discussion that it's time to advance the story. I just hate interrupting ingame discussions or roleplaying.
So tell me when you're ready, either in- or outgame, when you're ready. I could let this go on for weeks if I think the players are having fun, and am perfectly willing to let the feast go on for quite some time.

DrZombie

First Post
She overhears Roral talking to the mayor, and walks up to join the conversation. She sniffs derisively at Roral's comment. "You needn't worry about me, Roral. Mayhaps I'll be the one to keep you safe on this journey."

Those were in Italic, wich means that silver cannot have heard his comment. So she couldn't have made that comment, unless she guessed what he was thinking. Could you edit a bit, please?

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
What areas, specifically do you want more of?

What I have so far is complied here:

[sblock]Ranvar Hardheart
Clr 1 of Balinor

Growing up, Ranvar reveled in the glories of tales told by his grandfather, wars fought against brutal crusaders, Aundairian agressors, and other-worldly incursions. According to grandfather Craggin, he was there for all of it. Ranvar is older now, and more wise to what Poor old grandfather Craggin could have possibly been present for, but the joys of Grandfather Craggin stories always will have a hold on Ranvar. This joy of stories of exciting travel, grand hunts, and heroic battles led him to joining the ranks of warrior-priests of the Church of Balinor.

Ranvar is a hearty and tough priest of Balinor. A real man's man, Balinor loves to drink, hunt, fight, and pray with equal fervor. He respects the druids of the Reaches, and craves adventure in their name. He is fiercly loyal to the idea of an Independant Eldeen Reaches.

Ranvar's parents are Crog and Silah Hardheart. Crog, Ranvar’s father, is a hunter for the tribe and an adept of Balinor. Silah is one of the town’s more gifted midwives, and often is out of the home, helping others with maladies. Mother has a number of brothers or sisters (any other PCs want to be cousins?) that still live in the tribe, and, miraculously, none who were killed in the Last War. Crog, on the other hand, is the only surviving child of his parents, Craggin and Revelah. Revelah died of a broken heart when Crog returned from a brutal invasion from Aundair with the bodies of his three older brothers. Ranvar was never very close to his grandmother, but he always loved to hear his grandfather tell stories of his time in the war (sometimes these stories included the Last War, Silver Crusade, and even Xoriat invasion). Ranvarr has since figured out that Grandfather Craggin wasn’t really in half the battles he spoke of, but the stories still fascinate him. Ranvar has two younger sisters (13), twins named Hayli and Kayli, upon which he dotes. Kayli likes to help their mother, but Hayli always is begging to go on hunts with father. Ranvar has a number of nephews and nieces on his mother’s side. Ranvar learned much of what he knows of history from Grandfather Craggin, much of what he knows of the worship of Balinor from his father, and what he knows of war from playing war games with his friends. Upon turning 16, father gave Ranvar a holy symbol of Balinor that belonged to grandfather Craggin. Grandfather always claimed that it would have special powers in the hands of a true chosen of Balinor, and always intended that his favorite grandson receive it when he came of age.
[/sblock]

Ozmar

First Post
DrZombie said:
She overhears Roral talking to the mayor, and walks up to join the conversation. She sniffs derisively at Roral's comment. "You needn't worry about me, Roral. Mayhaps I'll be the one to keep you safe on this journey."

Those were in Italic, wich means that silver cannot have heard his comment. So she couldn't have made that comment, unless she guessed what he was thinking. Could you edit a bit, please?

Ah... newbie mistake. Italics means the character is thinking? And not italics is spoken?

Doh! I s'pose this might have been a clue...

Roral said:
...and thinks to himself...

I'll go edit then...

Ozmar the Careless :eek:

Ozmar

First Post
Here is a list of the equipment Silver gathers in preparation for the journey.

backpack
bedroll
trail rations (14 days)
rope (50 ft)
whetstone
holly and mistletoe
dagger
sling
traveler's outfit (extra)
dried meat (3 lbs)

Ozmar the Prepared

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I think we can move the game forward even though Krug and Ferrix haven't posted saying their characters have "shown up". We're in a holding pattern until Scarfang arrives.

Ozmar

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
I think we can move the game forward even though Krug and Ferrix haven't posted saying their characters have "shown up". We're in a holding pattern until Scarfang arrives.

Indeed! Let's go go go!

Ozmar the Impatient Player :)

Remove ads