R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Heckler

First Post
Babette will ignore the containers of what she presumes to be wares or supplies, and concentrate on searching the window and surrounding area.

search+2
spot+0

ooc:What kind of windows are we dealing with in this day and age? How(if) do they open? Are there any locks, shutters or bars (or signs that there were such things here)?

IcyCool

First Post
Patlin said:
"Where else?"

Gideon nods with a sigh, "I suppose we should probably check it out when we are done here." He indicates the storeroom with a motion of his hand.

He looks at one of the guards and says, "You said you didn't know what was taken, yes? Do you have a manifest for this room that we may look at?" Gideon's brow furrows for a moment before he asks, "Did you check to see if anything was brought into the room and left there? Maybe their intent wasn't to steal something, but to plant something here."

wmasters

First Post
Metrius follows Babette into the storeroom for a thorough look around to see if there is anything unusual or out of place.

ooc: Spot +2, Search +2. I'll take 20 on the Search if possible.

Dungannon

First Post
[sblock=Metrius & Babette: ]A careful search of the interior of the storeroom reveals...nothing much. The barrels are sealed, the chests are locked and the boxes are nailed closed. The window is about ten feet above the ground and measures 2 ft. wide by 4 ft. tall. It's a solid sheet of thick glass. No shutters or bars are present on the inside. Metrius remembers seeing shutters on the outside, and they were open on all the windows. Metrius does notice that the interior doors appear to have no locks on them at all. There is very little dust on the floor and none on the contents of the room, like it's been cleaned recently or seen very heavy activity.[/sblock]

IcyCool

First Post
Gideon glowers at the guard he just spoke to. He seems irritated that the man has yet to speak.

OOC: Hey Dungannon, I just wanted to point out that Gideon did ask the guards a couple of questions. :D

Dungannon

First Post
[sblock=Tor, Gideon, Kith & Fimble: ]
Gideon said:
You said you didn't know what was taken, yes? Do you have a manifest for this room that we may look at? Did you check to see if anything was brought into the room and left there? Maybe their intent wasn't to steal something, but to plant something here.
"No sir, that room belongs to Mr. Farraday," the guard answers. "Mr. Farraday is very secretive. Don't like anyone knowing what he's got or what he's doing. The day after the break in he was here moving a bunch of stuff out of that room, yelling that he's gonna send us a bill for anything that was missing."

While Gideon and the guard discuss the storeroom, Tor checks out the sewer drain with Kith. Nothing much reveals itself until the fighter gets down with the nitty gritty. Scratches in the stone floor indicate the grate may have been moved recently, and drag marks suggest that some of the crates were moved out from in front of the drain.

ooc: Tor's search check = 22[/sblock]

Dungannon

First Post
IcyCool said:
Gideon glowers at the guard he just spoke to. He seems irritated that the man has yet to speak.

OOC: Hey Dungannon, I just wanted to point out that Gideon did ask the guards a couple of questions. :D
ooc: Heh, no problem. Got stuck on a call at work so I couldn't post the remainder right away. Sorry for the delay.

Remove ads