Lank of the Dead:
Benvenuto [Human; m; dead guy]

Vita [Human (Morok); f; dead girl]

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Magical Item Creation

[SBLOCK]
1. Specific magical weapons and armor are not limited to that type. A mace of terror, for example, could just as easily be a sword of terror. If an item does not logically fit into another category, it cannot be that type of weapon. For example, a Javelin of Lightning cannot be made into a sword.

2. Specific weapons and armor can have bonuses added to them. The specific items are the basic items and one specific item cannot be added to another. If a weapon costs 7,000gp, it is an equivalent to a +2 weapon (7k rounds up to 8k) and +8 worth of weapon bonuses can be applied to it. Often, prices include the price of the weapon. This is not included in the rounding.

3. Just as magical energies can be added to a weapon or armor, they can be stripped from it. Bonuses can be removed from weapons at 10% the cost it takes to add them. They can also be transferred to other weapons. This costs 10% of what it that ability cost to add it to the weapon [the enhancement is always considered as the last ability placed on the weapon] as well as 50% the cost of what it would normally be to add the enhancement to the second weapon. For example, a person decided to remove the flaming ability from a +1 keen, flaming speed Long Sword and add it to a +2 Long Bow. The Long Sword is considered a +7 weapon and removing the flaming property brings it to a +6 weapon. The cost to turn a +6 weapon into a +7 weapon is 26,000gp so the cost to remove the property would cost 2,600gp. To add it to the Long Bow increases it from a +2 to a +3 weapon, which costs 10,000gp normally. Thus, at 50% cost, would only cost a total of 5,000gp. The total cost to remove the flaming weapon from the first weapon to the second is 7,600gp.

Note: Removing an enhancement from a weapon does not incur the chance to lose hp, but adding it does, as normal.

Note: Removing a property does not give the caster any Craft Points back, but nor does it cost any. Adding the property to the second weapon still incurs Craft Points, though only half the amount are used.

4. There is no 'cost to create' on specific weapons and armor. The cost is based off the price like everything else.

5. You can upgrade items with bonuses by paying the difference between the two. Thus items like cloak of resistance are similar to bonuses of a weapon or armor.

6. Magical Items have a chance of being flawed. The chance isn't great, but it is still there. Only I know the chance of this occurring. [Flaws are not necessarily bad; mainly, it adds a little extra interest to an item and makes some of them a little more unique.]

7. Items which grant bonuses to a stat do not exist (Periapt of Wisdom, Amulet of Health, etc). Books and Tomes DO exist, but they are more rare.

8. Magical items no longer cost XP to create. Instead, Craft Points are used. Consider them similar except that instead of spending an amount of XP equal to 1/25th the cost, you spend a number of Craft Points equal to 1/10th the cost. Thus a 100gp item instead of costing 4 XP now costs 10 Craft Points. If you do not have enough Craft Points, for obvious reasons, you cannot create the item.

Code:
Craft Points Gained by Level
[U]Character		Craft Points			Total Craft
Level			Gained				Points*[/U]
1st			100				100
2nd			200				300
3rd			300				600
4th			400				1,000
5th			500				1,500
6th			600				2,100
7th			700				2,800
8th			800				3,600
9th			900				4,500
10th			1,000				5,500
11th			1,100				6,600
12th			1,200				7,800
13th			1,300				9,100
14th			1,400				10,500
15th			1,500				12,000
16th			1,600				13,600
17th			1,700				15,300
18th			1,800				17,100
19th			1,900				19,000
20th			2,000				21,000

Item Creation Feats
				Craft Points
Feat				Gained
Brew Potion			1,500	
Craft Construct			3,000	
Craft Magic Arms and Armor	2,500	
Craft Rod			4,500	
Craft Rune Circle		2,000
Craft Staff			6,000	
Craft Wand			2,500	
Craft Wonderous Item		1,500	
Forge Ring			6,000	
Graft Flesh			3,000
Manufacture Magical Poison	1,500
Scribe Scroll			500	
Magical Artisan			500

9. When creating magical items, a caster has a 20% chance to lose 1 hp/100 XP which would normally be spent. If the XP is less than 200, then no roll is made. If the item costs 800XP normally, the caster has a 20% chance to suffer the permanent loss of 8hp. This represents a cost in creating magical items [Instead of XP]. Lesser magical items are fairly common while more powerful items are less common because of the chance to permanently weaken the caster. Note: These hp are permanent and cannot be restored through any means. Increasing Con and gaining a level affect hp normally, though those lost through item creation are gone for good.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Feats/Skills

[SBLOCK]
1. Characters have weapon groups from the Unearthed Arcana.

2. No favored classes or penalties for having two classes apart in level.

3. No Use Magic Device skill.

4. There is no Improved Toughness feat. Instead, Toughness grants +1 hp/HD [it does not have the Fort save prerequisite and can be taken multiple times].

5. Regional Feats are limited as per normal rules. Each nation I have has it's own set of normal Regional Feats.

6. Spell Focus increases the DC of spells by +1. Greater increases it to a total of +3.

7. Common does not exist anymore. There is no universal human language. Each nation has their own language. Other monsters languages are normal.

8. Dodge gives a flat +1 dodge bonus to Armor Class instead of a single target.

9. Characters gain an additional 2 skill points at each level (8 at first level) which can be used in only the following ways:

Each group of people [nation or race] has a number of skills of which most people know or are familiar with. Half must be spent in any of these skills [4 points at first level and 1 each following level] though the points don't all have to be in one skill. The nations have generally around four choosable skills and the races around two. If you think of a choice more appropriate than one of the ones listed or come up with an interesting idea I should incorporate into the race, speak with me and there is a chance I will modify the race if it doesn't completely go against the ideas of the race.

The other half can be spent in any other Craft, Knowledge, Perform, or Profession skill of the player's choice.

10. The character gains a feat at each level. However, at 1st level and every 3rd level after, this feat must be chosen from the character’s racial and regional feats. Feats for organizations and deities may also be created.

11. Knowledge (local) applies only to a single nation.

However, for every five ranks in that nation, he gains a +1 circumstance bonus which stacks with itself to Knowledge (local) of all other nations. For those other Knowledge (local) skills he has ranks in, he instead gains a +1 circumstance bonus for every four ranks. Thus a character with 20 ranks in Knowledge (Chigo) and say 1 rank in Knowledge (Fareral) would gain +5 in Knowledge (Fareral) and +4 in all other Knowledges.
This is applied only once however. So a character with 20 ranks in two Knowledges would not gain +8 in all other knowledges.
This has to do with the fact that nations interact with each other and that people travel and move to different nations.

12. Skill Focus [Concentration] replaces Combat Casting in all occurrences, like Prerequisites, for example, of either other feats or PrCs.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Spells

[SBLOCK]
1. No Find the Path.

2. Although Speak with the Dead contacts the body, a character with a Caster Level of 9th level or higher can actually contact the spirit of the dead instead of merely the body.

3. Spells which have a save or Death do not exist in my campaign. I dislike using them as a DM and I dislike anything dying simply because they roll bad once.

4. Because there is no Shadow Plane, Ethereal Plane, or Astral Plane, spells which require the existence of any of the above do not exist. Therefore, Blink, Teleport, Shadow Walk, etc. do not exist in my world.

5. There is no True Resurrection. Raise Dead is a 6th level spell, and Resurrection is a 9th level spell. Reincarnate remains as a 4th level spell, but can only be cast by the Chosen of Webyrd. However, the target always receives some sort of additional physical alteration as well as the normal penalties of coming back from the dead.

6. Necromantic spells hurt to cast. Whenever a spell from the Necromantic school is cast, the caster suffers nonlethal damage [subdual] damage equal to twice the spell level of the spell.

7. Spells which increase a stat (Bull's Strength, Bear's Endurance, etc) do not exist.

8. Summoning spells are not cast because there is a chance of an Infernal [Demons or Devils, essentially] will come in place of the target creature summoned. It is not guaranteed, but it is thought that the more powerful the summoning spell, the more powerful the Infernal and the higher the chance of it appear instead of the target creature.

Note: Demons or Devils cannot be summoned normally through a Summoning spell.

Note: the Infernals are not controlled by the caster as normal. Summon Nature's Ally, however, does not work the same way. It instead brings a creature from one place to another, drawing on the essences in the surrounding areas to create an animal, although the animal can only be of a kind normally found in the natural surroundings. Once the creature is destroyed or the spell ends, the essences break apart and disperse back into the nature. Casters of Summon Nature's Ally do not have to worry about Infernals hopping a ride on their spell.

All Summon spells only take a Standard action to cast. However, the creatures do not appear until the next round when the caster goes, but the Summoned creature can then attack as normal.

9. Because alignment does not exist in my campaign, spells requiring alignment do not exist. Thus spells such as Protection From Evil, Detect Good, Holy Word, etc. do not exist in my world.

10. Spells dealing with portals and other planes are less common than normal. Portal magic is difficult to find information on and even the Gods themselves do not offer this information easily. The planes do not exist quite so freely in this world as they do on other planes. Travel between them is much less frequent than normal. Most often, the only way to reach these planes is by traveling through a portal, but the locations of these portals are thought to be unknown by all but a very small number. The only exception of this are the created portals to the Land of the Dead.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Misc

[SBLOCK]
1. Using the Unearthed Arcana optional XP system.

2. There is no level loss penalty from dying, even from Raise Dead. There are a number of penalties, however, which can possibly occur by being brought back to life. Each time a character is brought back to life, that character suffers a single penalty. Multiple deaths equals multiple penalties.

Because the caster also suffers a penalty, it is a little difficult to find someone to cast Raise Dead or Resurrection. Depending on the religion, they might choose to reject casting the spell no matter what or they will agree, but will require something from the character. Money is always required.

3. Character creation begins using standard Point Buy. Their first character in a given campaign also roll 2d8 and if that roll is higher than the stat as is, then that roll becomes the stat [Done BEFORE adding racial modifiers]. However, this is to be done in front of me because this method is a test and thus I need to see it to determine whether I want to keep it or not. At each level, gain [level +1] additional points. At each level, half the number of points gained [rounded down] will be spent on a random stat [1d6, 1 is Str, 2 Dex, etc]. Even if the stat is not actually raised, the points remain. Thus it would become easier to raise that stat, if so desired. [Second roll is also to be made by me].

4. Stabalize: Con check DC 15 + amount below Con mod. Ex: Con mod +4 and at -6 hp, DC would be 17. A 20 always succeeds in stabilization. [I'm not sure how well this works, but I would like to try it out]

5. When a character dies, besides the random penalty for dying, he suffers the loss of stat points. For a Raise Dead and Reincarnate, the character suffers a loss of 2 to her highest stat. For Resurrect, the character suffers only one point. The character DOES NOT, however, lose a level or any XP.

6. There is no Astral, Shadow, or Ethereal Plane, so spells interacting with the above do not work.

7. Spellcraft Skill identifies magical items.
Code:
Potions			25
Scrolls			20 + spell level
Arms and Armor		30
Wands			30
Rods			35
Rings			40
Staffs			40
Wondrous Items	
	Minor		25
	Medium		30
	Major		40

Identify adds +20 to a single check, Analyze Dweomer adds +20 until end of duration. Takes 1 round to identify scrolls, but it takes 1 minute for other items. Taking 10 or 20 is possible, but takes that much longer to identify. Having the appropriate Craft feat gives a +5 circumstance bonus on identifying that certain type of item.

Appraise Magic
You are skilled at evaluating magic items and discovering their secrets.
Prerequisite: Appraise 3 ranks.
Benefit: You can use the Appraise skill in place of the Spellcraft skill to identify magic items. Appraise is always a class skill for you.

Classes with the lore ability allow the identifier to add an additional 1/2 their level to identify checks.

Cursed items are the normal DC +10 to identify their cursed nature.

8. There is no alignment, nor spells, feats, etc. dealing with alignment.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Charberus

First Post
To Do List for Manifest

1. [Join] Piran Sedestadel: I will try and see if Vita and/or I can join the guild. Maybe she has talent, maybe not. If either of us can join the guild, then we can get information and have contacts.

2. [Join] Tower Theatre: The best canidate for this is Skitter, who has ranks in perform (also has tricks learned too). Also, I will try and get information from the plays and people. Seeing what they know.

3. [Join] Fighters Guild: Join the fighters guild mostly to learn how to fight in this land. Also to learn how to fight with my weapon. Also, would be a great place to try and invent/learn new battle techniques for my weapon. Since, fighters guild needs weapons, they probably have a special blacksmith too.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Okay, gonna start this 1 at a time. If this goes poorly or w/e, we can stop or something.

Specific magical weapons and armor are not limited to that type. A mace of terror, for example, could just as easily be a sword of terror. If an item does not logically fit into another category, it cannot be that type of weapon. For example, a Javelin of Lightning cannot be made into a sword.

My thoughts: I just don't see why some abilities cannot apply to different weapons. I have only used this a couple of times; no game breaking thing. Sometimes, an idea fits a character, but I like to use a different weapon.

Aereas

First Post
Of that I agree fully with. I have actually ested that rule in 2 pbp games and as of yet the worst it has done is turn a rapier into a bastard sword. A More damage yes, but they could have gotten a bastard sword and enchanted it anyway to the near same effect.

Remove ads