Viridian Plague OOC 2, orphaned by Keia

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
Oh well, it was nice having full hp for a little while at least...though they're not nearly enough against these enemies anyway. :]
Frankly, 10 Con tends to produce HP for most classes that isn't enough for any succession of EL-appropriate enemies--particularly with 17 AC at this level--my Telepath in LEW has had 15 AC unbuffed 17 AC with a quick buff since level 1, and she shares Trayah's Dex of 10. If I was Trayah, I might have spread out the purchase of the +2 RoP to get a +1 armour, +1 RoP, and +1 shield for half the price. Barkskin is good too, but I will admit he doesn't have time to get that up.

You should be good though--I think he can survive by playing tactically, and he is undoubtably invaluable to the party and highly effective at his abilities, but you do have to understand that you built him with a bit of a glass jaw--I think it may have been a conscious design choice.

Bront

The man with the probe
Whinoah just rolled poorly on her HP. She's got not much in the way of con, but she's got a penalty too.

unleashed

First Post
Oh I know how I built him, but don't forget Trayah along with all the other starting characters weren't designed with a specific game in mind...which would have modified how I made the character a great deal at least. I wouldn't have made a straight caster, or probably even a lacerta, knowing beforehand what the game was going to be like. That I managed to pick another race with a racial Dexterity penalty doesn't help either. As for the items don't forget the cost multipliers you imposed, x2 or x3 cost for the armour and shield (and he wouldn't likely used a shield as he fights with claws most of the time, not a weapon). ;)

Your opponents though make the hp situation worse, as there's no ready way to heal the damage unless we backtrack and then return to fight an apparently inexhaustible supply of enemies. Though I could probably afford to swap his Con and Int around...

Rystil Arden

First Post
As for the items don't forget the cost multipliers you imposed, x2 or x3 cost for the armour and shield

Ah, right about that. If he doesn't cast Barkskin, though, he could have gotten +1 Natural Armour on the cheap at least :)

Oh I know how I built him, but don't forget Trayah along with all the other starting characters weren't designed with a specific game in mind...which would have modified how I made the character a great deal at least. I wouldn't have made a straight caster, or probably even a lacerta, knowing beforehand what the game was going to be like. That I managed to pick another race with a racial Dexterity penalty doesn't help either.

'Tis true--though I did say this would be the heaviest combat game. I still think that the Trayah concept was a great and crucial addition here.

Your opponents though make the hp situation worse, as there's no ready way to heal the damage unless we backtrack and then return to fight an apparently inexhaustible supply of enemies. Though I could probably afford to swap his Con and Int around...

That's true :] I don't deny that fact, and I think it makes it interesting--the worse the HP situation got on the way to the Copse, in my opinion viewing your tactics the better you got at working as a team with limited resources. There was a lot of great thinking in the later tactics, and even a well-placed retreat when discretion was the better part of valour :) It's just when you said that even without their special ability to deal uncurable damage they would *still* be dealing too much damage for Trayah to handle, I decided to point out that he has low AC and HP ;) Of course, cast Fly and they can't touch you and you could probably kite them with a Sling if they didn't just leave.

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Ah, right about that. If he doesn't cast Barkskin, though, he could have gotten +1 Natural Armour on the cheap at least :)
Which wouldn't have likely saved him from damage even once. :p

Rystil Arden said:
It's just when you said that even without their special ability to deal uncurable damage they would *still* be dealing too much damage for Trayah to handle, I decided to point out that he has low AC and HP ;) Of course, cast Fly and they can't touch you and you could probably kite them with a Sling if they didn't just leave.
Well of course they're too tough when they gang tackle him, he's a support character after all. :p Though if he ever gets some time to buff beforehand, he'd be quite okay (especially since gaining access to 4th-level spells--divine power anyone :) ), but since we're always attacked without warning or time to prepare he's pretty weak in melee...especially since he can't actually afford to prepare any offensive 4th-level spells, considering the need the party has for restoration.

As for the sling, we've already discussed that, it's useless against them as he'd struggle to beat their DR/fast heal. ;)

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
You could Magic Stone or something :lol:

That +0 Init is part of the reason he doesn't get to act first ;)
They'd still heal! :p

Yes, so stop giving races a Dex penalty, especialy ones that don't tend to wear armour...just think, he'd have +1 Init and +1 AC without that. :]

And how about something he can use his turning ability on, as it's a damned useless ability currently, especialy when he spent a feat to enhance it. ;)

Remove ads