[OOC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

industrygothica

Adventurer
Eva of Sirrion said:
Concept: A smooth-talking, quick-witted, charismatic preacher and man of the people. He gets along with everyone and can defuse tensions with his quick turns of phrase. His style and mannerisms are as smooth and stylish as his speech, and he's popular with rich and poor in his community, especially the ladyfolk. It's hard to catch him in a moment of hesitation or in a situation where he's at a loss for words.

Race/class: human or half-elf cleric

Sounds like a role-playing challenge. I like it. Which deity would you be following?

Post Life Entity

First Post
industrygothica said:
I'd like to see more about this character. How long has he been on the run? For what crimes is he accused? Is he out to clear his name, or does he just want to run as far away as he can?
I envision him as having been on the run for about 4 months after having spent 2 years in a prison.

Crimes? Murder and/or Treason are always good ones... but treason kind of implies that he was more important on a national level that I envisioned him.

Something like: he was once the trusted/childhood/best friend of a local landowner and is now accused of having brutally butchered and raped the wealthy landowner's daughter, his god-daughter. Evidence would have been found for some other, deeply personal to the landowner, betrayal as well.

Wanting the man who he'd once called 'brother' to suffer for what he'd done, he sent the pc (nameless as of yet) to a rather brutal hard-labor prison.

By making distastful alliances with the criminals in there, he managed to slay a guard, whom he knew was corrupt (the pc will forever be trying to assauge a guilty conscience) and escaped in a outgoing shipment of materials.

The PC wants to:
1) Find out who set him up.
2) Find out what REALLY happened.
3) Prove his innocence to the one person left in the world who truely matters to him, the landownder.

Wrinkles:
1) Lawful Good alignment and a deep, abiding respect for the law... as a criminal.
2) Haunting dreams filled with blood, butchery, and laughter... sometimes it's his god-daughter, other times it's someone else; Always young women though.
3) Was tattooed upon incarceration (on chest, left breast)... is the tattoo magical? Can it be used to track him down? In any case, it's easily identifiable.

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
industrygothica said:
Sounds like a role-playing challenge. I like it. Which deity would you be following?

Depends on which deities are available. If just the PHB deities, then Olidamarra. If Forgotten Realms deities are permitted then perhaps Sune or Tymora.

m_s_ifland

First Post
Guys, I'm brand new to this, so please help. Is this what yoy are looking for? I'm not really familiar the "28 point buy", please explain.

Name: Cloathe Ironhand
Alignment:NG
Race: Dwarf
Class: Fighter

Fighting Style: One handed axe and dagger. Ambidextrous
Clothes: Green trousers and tunic, light leather underneath
Weapons: One handed axe sheathed on his back and 2 daggers strapped inside his tunic.
Other Equipment: Backpack, sleeping roll, water bottle, rope, small iron grappling hook.

Hair: Long red hair, long red beard
Eyes: green
Hieght: 3 1/2 feet
Wieght: 130 lb

Personality: Crabby, grumpy, but honest and caring in general. Good to his word. Would die for a friend

Bio: Was raised in a cave, of course, with his parents who died on a hunting expedition when he was barley old enough to fend for himself. He just found them nearly shredded to pieces, he doesn't know who or what killed them. He's had a hard life but is generally a good character. He makes his living by doing odd jobs for people, such as helping them build things and helping them farm crops and animals, really whatever comes his way he'll give it a try, to earn a little money. He doesn't really have any close friends. A loner wandering what his purpose is.

IamTheTest

First Post
Ive had a concept for an Elan that was raised as human. Never understanding why he is different he seeks wisdom by joining a monastary. As he progresses into the mystical world he begins to understand that he is actually psionically capable.

cruchy bits: Elan Monk to progress into Psionic Fist. High Str and Wis.

industrygothica

Adventurer
m_s_ifland said:
Guys, I'm brand new to this, so please help. Is this what yoy are looking for? I'm not really familiar the "28 point buy", please explain.

As a mothod of generating ability scores other than by rolling dice. A point buy system, as best I can tell, is generally the standard method used in pbp games, and tends to generate characters that are on equal playing fields. So rather than having a party with characters on both ends of the spectrum due to poor/exceptional rolls, the point buy system evens them out a little. If you have access to the DMG, the process is explained in better detail, but basically it states that any given ability score costs a certain number of points. They are _not_ on a one-for-one basis. I believe it is as follows (all scores start at 8)
Code:
A score of:                   will cost this many points:

Once you spend your 28 points, you're done.

That said, your concept seems good enough. Keep in mind, however, that there is no Ambidexterity feat anymore, and you'll still be considered to have an "off hand" should you attempt to throw a dagger while you're still holding your axe. Of course there are other feats to offset the penalty, but we won't get into that just yet. At least that's how I'm reading it - if anyone knows better, feel free to correct me.

Last edited:

Post Life Entity

First Post
The only correction I'd make is that you wouldn't get a penalty to throw a dagger in your off hand, if you have the Two Weapon Fighting feat, if you're NOT USING the axe in your primary hand at the time.

This, however, is ultimately down to a DM call, I think. And honestly, how often will the situation crop up?

m_s_ifland

First Post
Sounds easy enough, and got it, no Ambidexterity. Ready to go, if you'll have me. Is there some type of online character sheet that I can use or print or save to my pc? You know one with all of the stats that we'll be using, i.e. str, dex, cha, etc. Would be most appreciated.

industrygothica

Adventurer
m_s_ifland said:
Sounds easy enough, and got it, no Ambidexterity. Ready to go, if you'll have me. Is there some type of online character sheet that I can use or print or save to my pc? You know one with all of the stats that we'll be using, i.e. str, dex, cha, etc. Would be most appreciated.

[sblock="Try This"]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] XXXX
[B]Class:[/B] XXXX
[B]Race:[/B] XXXX
[B]Size:[/B] XXXX
[B]Gender:[/B] XXXX
[B]Alignment:[/B] XXXX
[B]Deity:[/B] XXXX

[B]Str:[/B] XX +X (XXp.)     [B]Level:[/B] X        [B]XP:[/B] XXXX
[B]Dex:[/B] XX +X (XXp.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +X         [B]HP:[/B] XXX (XdX+XX)
[B]Con:[/B] XX +X (XXp.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +X     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] XX/XXXX
[B]Int:[/B] XX +X (XXp.)     [B]Speed:[/B] XX'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] XX
[B]Wis:[/B] XX +X (XXp.)     [B]Init:[/B] +X        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +X
[B]Cha:[/B] XX +X (XXp.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -X         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] XX%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +X    +X    +X    +X    +X    +X    XX
[B]Touch:[/B] XX              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] XX

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      X    +X          +X
[B]Ref:[/B]                       X    +X          +X
[B]Will:[/B]                      X    +X          +X

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]