• Age of Worms

Votes: 64 52.5%
  • Savage Tide

Votes: 34 27.9%

• Poll closed .

GlassJaw

Hero
Ok, let's try this again...

Straight-forward poll here: Which AP do you think is the best? I know Savage Tide isn't finished yet but I think it's far enough along to get a good feel for it.

Retreater

Legend
It depends on what your group likes to play. Give me a little information about your group and expectations of game play, and I'll vote in the poll.

What I can say about the three of them is that they're all very, very challenging. I have DMed Shackled City for the first three modules (of the hardcover). It became so difficult that our group abandoned it.

Retreater

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I vote Age of Worms, primarily for the villains/antagonists. I mean while Savage Tide does let you
fight Demogorgon and also do some nice sailing, especially in the Isle of Dread
, Age of Worms, you get the full scale menace of a god, some of his powerful cultists, and oh yeah, the original undead dragon of all time! :D ;)

Shackled City was good but since it was the first it suffers as all first things suffer from not enough forward thinking, a little too much exuberance, plus the fact you tend to stay in one area a tad too long. (If you don't like city adventures that is)

But to each his own.

GlassJaw

Hero
Retreater said:
It depends on what your group likes to play. Give me a little information about your group and expectations of game play, and I'll vote in the poll.

No group, nor am I planning to run any of them. I'm familiar with them all, just curious what the general consensus is (if there is one at all).

Nightfall

I think the consensus is this: Paizo's adventure paths rock! :D Which one is better...is just a matter of opinion. Just like everything else in D&D/d20/RPGs.

catsclaw227

First Post
I am DMing Savage Tide now, and will start the 3rd adventure next weekend. We are digging it.

I have the SCAP hardcover and the AoW AP in dungeon mags, though I haven't played in nor DMed either of these.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I voted for The Savage Tide. I loved the other two APs, especially The Age of Worms, but the third AP definitely benefits from the experience gained publishing the first two. The adventures are definitely better connected in terms of story, foreshadowing, and characters than the previous APs; they are better supported by the accompanying Dragon articles (i.e "Savage Tidings" and "The Ecology of the Isle of Dread"); there seems to be a lot more variation in the types of adventures and encounters; and The Savage Tide has a very distinct feel from the standard D&D experience which I love.

Nightfall

Cats,

Like I said to each his own. What I liked about AoW was the fact you were fighting destiny. Savage tide, you're just fighting good planning. ;)

Wik

First Post
I've only looked over the other two AP's, becauseI wasn't a die-hard dungeon fan until Savage Tide came along. But Savage Tide absolutely ROCKS. I mean, pirate zombies? C'mon. How cool is THAT!?

Psion

Adventurer
They are doing some really cool stuff with Savage Tides, but my patience for demonic/godly bossfights as a capstone is wearing thin. I may revise my vote after I see how they handle the endgame for the series, but as of now, I'll say shackled city.

Remove ads