• Shackled City

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Age of Worms

Votes: 64 52.5%
  • Savage Tide

Votes: 34 27.9%

• Poll closed .
Pants said:
"There is No Honor" I guess, just didn't grab me as much, though the zombie pirate part is great. I do like that it seems as if ST will have some recurring NPC's and (gasp) maybe even a recurring villain, but I really looked forward to reading AoW every month, but with ST I just feel like 'hey, a guaranteed cool adventure, what else does the issue have?'

Well, that'd be a YMMV moment, I guess. ;) I coulden't put TiNH down, and the first thing I do with each new issue is to read the latest ST installment. It's the first time I've been guaranteed to fully read an adventure (as opposed to skim it) every issue in quite some time.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I read every thing when it came to AoW. I do read Savage Tide, but honestly I skim it.

I think it's just you like being a pirate Ari. Arrrgh! ;)

Pants,

I grant you 2,000 XP! ;)

Nightfall said:
I read every thing when it came to AoW. I do read Savage Tide, but honestly I skim it.

I think it's just you like being a pirate Ari. Arrrgh! ;)

Nupe. While I have an undying love for the Pirates of Caribbean movies, and while I like the Freeport setting and psyched about the work I'm doing on the line, the fact is, I'm really only a moderate fan of pirates.

I just feel like ST is better written, better designed, and more interesting than AoW.

I like AoW (or what I've read of it), don't get me wrong. I just think ST is even better.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
I like AoW best. It has some truly horrible transitions between adventures, but is also mostly easily altered for freeform play. SCAP and the little I've read of STAP are more dependent upon linearity.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Mouseferatu said:
Nupe. While I have an undying love for the Pirates of Caribbean movies, and while I like the Freeport setting and psyched about the work I'm doing on the line

The fact you wrote this Ari precludes the last part of your statement. :p :)

You're allowed to believe ST is better. I just don't agree.

(However you should know by know that I am a fan of ST simply because of the fact that part 11 has me stoked for ideas.)

Phazzar

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
Really? I didn't go too far into AoW--I'm still hoping to play in it some day--but comparing the parts of each that I've read, I've found ST more fun to read.

AoW inspired me to want to play in it. ST is inspiring me to want to run it. (For whatever that's worth.)

I agree with that last statement. Reading the Savage Tide really makes me want to run it. Also, roleplaying characters such as Urol Forol and Avner Meravanchi seems fun to me.

EyeontheMountain

First Post
I have not played in any of them, but why did you not ad the origional one WOTCh put out. Sunless Citadel and such.

I voted Age of Worms, as that is the one I would have liked to play in, but I have ead too much about it now to play it.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
I am currently player in Shackled city adventure. I find it rather interesting, though some of the lower level dungeons had way too much rooms filled with nothing. And few had so little actual plot-relevance, that motivation to risk death at those places was rather hard to find.

I think I might like Age of Worms, but haven't read through anything but first adventure, since I might as well end up playing it. I have a feeling it involves too much travelling, aka getting easily lost from main plot. As dm, I've noticed side treks I make become more interesting to players than actual module they are playing.

Savage tide doesn't do anything to me. I don't like sailing adventures generally. Or pirate thing. Except in movies.

Btw, is there hard cover book made of Age of Worms, like there is about Shackled City?

Gundark

Explorer
Psion said:
They are doing some really cool stuff with Savage Tides, but my patience for demonic/godly bossfights as a capstone is wearing thin. I may revise my vote after I see how they handle the endgame for the series, .

QFT...just the stuff I agreed with ;) . I like that the STAP isn't stuck in Dungeons like the AoW was. STAP seems to have a bit more NPC interaction than AoW.

I am a little tired of the massive god creature at the end (not too sure how SC turned out).

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Pants said:
Yeah, I dunno, "Whispering Cairn" was just a really cool module, dripping with hints of ancient history, hidden malevolence, and, overall, the promise of epic adventures to come.

"There is No Honor" I guess, just didn't grab me as much, though the zombie pirate part is great. I do like that it seems as if ST will have some recurring NPC's and (gasp) maybe even a recurring villain, but I really looked forward to reading AoW every month, but with ST I just feel like 'hey, a guaranteed cool adventure, what else does the issue have?'

I can see this. "There is No Honor" didn't grab me as much either. But the stuff on the Isle of Dread in recent issues is really rockin' as far as I'm concerned.

I ultimately can't say which AP I like best. I've only recently started running SC and have neither run nor played much of the other two.

I can also understand having issues with a godling of some sort at the end starting to be a bit overdone. But it makes for a pretty good challenge for 20th level parties. I can think of a few potential alternatives like dealing with the Drow of Erelhei Cinlu in an AP version of the D series or possibly the unnamed hierarchs of the Horned Society or even the leaders of the Scarlet Brotherhood as the main villains. But the latter two would probably be too wedded to Greyhawk to be an easily adaptable AP.

Remove ads