Shattered Sea Chronicles, Book I: Festival of the Dead(closed)

This thread is for recruitment for a campaign set in the Shattered Sea, a homebrew DnD I'd like those willing to play to be able to commit to posting no less then every second day, so 3-4 times a week. Obviously real life rules, and that will be taken into account regarding posting rate.

Guidelines for character creation:
28 point buy
SRD only
Psionics are allowed
Standard gold for level
Max hp at 1st level
Per level after 1st
d4=3
d6=4
d8=5
d10=6
d12=7

Last edited:

Fenris said:
Sounds interesting. I'll toss my hat in.

Are we looking at being on ships predominantly?

Nowhere close to predominately, but sea voyages, and even aquatic adventures, will be a fairly common occurrence. That said, most of your adventures will be on terra firma, even if you had to take a ship to get there.

EvolutionKB said:
I see your hat and raise you my shoes. :D This sounds interesting. What is your playstyle Mr. Dragonslayer?

My playstyle tends to be fairly epic, in the story sense. Meaning that there's almost always a big story brewing in the background. You'll see a lot of combat, and a lot of roleplaying opportunities, hopefully giving players the chance to invest in the setting, and the characters an opportunity to be more then just piles o'hit points for hire.

I put a bit about the city of Stonegate, where our story will begin, in the information thread. The link is in the first post here.

The characters will all be apprentices, in the city for the Festival of Renewal, and planning to take part in the Parade of Apprentices. They don't have to be from the immediate area, but if they are from further afield, we'll have to work out why and how they have come to Stonegate.

Torillan

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
I see your hat and raise you my shoes. :D

I'll see your shoes, and raise you one pair of socks (smell incidental). I'm intrigued, and could use a nice diversion. Count me in.

Torillan said:
I'll see your shoes, and raise you one pair of socks (smell incidental). I'm intrigued, and could use a nice diversion. Count me in.

Welcome aboard Torillan...and Fenris and EKB, for that matter. For now,I was thinking of just putting the character write-ups in the information thread, when people get that far, if that is agreeable.

I don't have any set format for the characters, so long as all the bases are covered. I'm not extremely worried about the weight of each individual item carried, so long as things don't get extreme. I would like to see at least a good description and short background. The world right now is still largely broadbrushed, having only had one fairly short campaign run in it previously, so we can add detail to suit your ideas if it is useful to do so.

Imerak said:
I could use a new game. Count me in, and I'll see what I can do for a character.

Sounds good, Imerak. Welcome aboard!

That makes four, so assuming everyone who has shown interest is actually able to play, we have our player group. We can still take a couple others, if more are interested.

Remove ads