Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [OOC]

I've been keeping an eye on this thread, and looking in on the IC thread from time to time. I'm still very interested and Maegras is ready to go, pending DM approval.

So far as what I'd like to see, I always enjoy some hack and slash, but mysteries, intrigue, and character development are at least as important.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Well, since you are running the game in Irongate, I would like to see a good dose of political intrigue. Any country involving the Iron League should have a lot of it, plagued as the coalition has been by outside forces and plots.

industrygothica

Adventurer
airwalkrr said:
Well, since you are running the game in Irongate, I would like to see a good dose of political intrigue. Any country involving the Iron League should have a lot of it, plagued as the coalition has been by outside forces and plots.

Hmm.. you might want to read this post. Political intrigue is not my forte, and I really don't know enough about the setting to delve into that, even if it was. If that's what you're looking for, I'm afraid you might be left wanting.

Though I wouldn't mind learning more about the Iron League, if you want to point me in the right direction.

Jemal

Adventurer
As for what I'm looking for.. Well, Rokelsh is what you may call a 'civilized barbarian', a hunter of the wilds who's adapted to the city nonetheless.
He's VERY comfortable in a fight, be it against wild beasts, crazy monsters, or other humanoids. Though he's also become comfortable in the city, he's more comfortable exploring new areas, and is currently in training to become a Horizon Walker.

Rokelsh's main purpose/desire right now is to see and experience all he can.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Well, at the very least I would recommend picking up a copy of Dragon magazine #351, as it contains an excellent article on the city of Irongate. I have not read it in entirety, but I have read enough to know that it is good and probably will read the rest if you plan to use it in this campaign.

Although I certainly jumped on this because it was advertised as Greyhawk, I enjoy any style of campaign as long as it is done well.

Friadoc

Explorer
When it comes to what is desired from a campaign, for me at least, it is pretty simple - Good times.

Currently, in a d20 Darkmatter Play-by-Post, I'm having a blast as a player in a group that Industry is also a player and, so far, I think we're all having a great time.

So, that's pretty much all I'm looking for in a campaign. I can adapt to pretty much any playing style and I think that 'Friadoc', as a PC, should be able to do the same.

Excitement, adventure, may not be what a Jedi craves, but I'm okay with it. :cool:

On a side note: With the exception of item weight, Friadoc is done - plus, thanks to his Haversack, weight ain't a real issue now. :D

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
I suppose it's my turn to reply here. Everything is going well, though I'm finding it a bit more difficult to find time to organize things the way I'd like. I've got the basic story down, but the details are escaping me--probably details that'll never be made known anyway, but that's beside the point. I've been working CRAZY overtime (my next day off should be sometime in April, if I'm lucky) and I'm running a little slower these days, but I'm still here, trudging along; don't forget about me yet. ;)

Anyway, on to the good stuff.

I'm planning a bit of hack-n-slash, a bit of mystery and intrigue, and I'm determined to make use of some of the not-so-obvious skills, but you never know. Hopefully I can add some things to make you all happy.

Scotley: Rogash is in, if you want to go ahead and post him in the RG thread. I appreciate the effort you put into his background, and I think I'll be able to work with it easily enough. If you're not keeping up with the current in game thread, I'll let you know when you can start posting. It'll be plainly obvious if you are. Either way, it'll be a bit still.

Everyone else: I'm still working, and still looking. Be patient, please. :)

Scotley

Hero
Excellent, I'll get Rogash transfered over some time to day and stay current with the action. I'm looking forward to the game. I understand it may be a little while.

Scotley

Hero
Spring is in the air and a young man's fancy turns to...well, in my case spring cleaning and yard work. There is usually a bit of a slowdown in the spring. There seems to be a corresponding boom in the fall.

Remove ads