Buzz on Aces and Eights?

theemrys

First Post
Anyone out there as jazzed as I am about the new Aces & Eights game coming out? I'm not normally big on Western RPGs but this one really does sound pretty awesome!!!! Just curious if many out there on EN World are looking to pick it up?

RFisher

Explorer
I can't decide. The buzz got me interested. But so far my new GMG (thanks, Kenzer!) has me thinking that Kenzer's gaming style & mine diverge significantly, despite both enjoying the old school.

On the other hand, I'm intrigued at the claim that they've made it easy to take just as much complexity from it as you want without having to absorb the whole thing & filter it down yourself. & I still have to make good on my promise to read the GMG & give it a fair shot.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Supremely cool, but a bit TOO crunchy-looking for my tastes. Fifteen years ago, I'd have eaten that up - but not so much, now, even though it looks great. I have a feeling I'd get about the same use out of either "Savaged" Deadlands or Sidewinder or Grim Tales.

It is true that that shot clock keeps drawing my attention, though... :)

theemrys

First Post
I think it does add something... I mean... you choose where you aim... if you KNOW you're a bad shot you could aim off target and hope you "miss" the right way... :) Seriously though, I like the idea... makes it seem more "interesting'.

jcfiala

Explorer
I'll probably end up buying it - it looks interesting, and I'm curious to see how well the shot clock works in play. I don't know if there will be enough interest to start up a campaign around here.

theemrys said:
I think it does add something... I mean... you choose where you aim... if you KNOW you're a bad shot you could aim off target and hope you "miss" the right way... :) Seriously though, I like the idea... makes it seem more "interesting'.

Metagame much? :lol:

There've been other games that have done the same thing, more or less. Name your target, miss by X much, and the hit location drifts outward, etc. The graphical nature is neat, I'll admit. I just foresee a lot of arguments over exactly how much of my arm is behind cover, etc.

Remove ads