• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Buzz on Aces and Eights?

jcfiala

Explorer
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Metagame much? :lol:

There've been other games that have done the same thing, more or less. Name your target, miss by X much, and the hit location drifts outward, etc. The graphical nature is neat, I'll admit. I just foresee a lot of arguments over exactly how much of my arm is behind cover, etc.

Eh. With this system, just put a picture of the cover over the silouette, and then place the targeting thing over top. Should work just fine. :)

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
I'm very interested in it. Sadly, there's no way in tarnation I'll be able to convince each member of my gaming group to purchase a $50 core book, so I'll probably be the only one to get it.

It should be in stores in about two weeks I think? Assuming that it isn't delayed again.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Metagame much? :lol:

Actually, in real life I shot a squirrel with 20/50 vision, no corrective lenses, by doing this very thing when I was 16 or so. :) If people knew how badly nearsighted I was at the time, I don't think they would have let me go hunting with them. :lol:

Henry said:
Actually, in real life I shot a squirrel with 20/50 vision, no corrective lenses, by doing this very thing when I was 16 or so. :) If people knew how badly nearsighted I was at the time, I don't think they would have let me go hunting with them. :lol:

Not very sporting, hunting near-sighted squirrels. They have a hard time keeping glasses from slipping off every time they wiggle their ears. And how did you get him to cover one eye and read the chart?

Doug Sundseth

First Post
The "shot clock" mechanic looks pretty much exactly like the shooting mechanic used in Millennium's End, from Chameleon Eclectic*. I liked it 16 years ago, too. :cool:

* Designed by Charles Ryan. Yes, that one.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Not very sporting, hunting near-sighted squirrels. They have a hard time keeping glasses from slipping off every time they wiggle their ears. And how did you get him to cover one eye and read the chart?

It wasn't easy, but I used his reading off the itty-bitty lines on the itty-bitty eyechart as a distraction to blast him.

Hard8Staff

First Post
w_earle_wheeler said:
It should be in stores in about two weeks I think? Assuming that it isn't delayed again.

The books are on a truck headed for our warehouse right now. Should be here on the 29th or 30th. Then it goes to distributors, then retail outlets. So figure 10-21 days to be in stores (YMMV, obviously).

We have another PDF preview available (as of yesterday, I think).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads