S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black OOC - Grinding

hero4hire

Explorer
I have a couple questions on how you want to run the Giantbane feat before we it comes up in comabt and possibly slow things down.

My questions are in Dark Orange

Duck Underneath: To use this maneuver, you must have
taken a total defense action, then have been attacked by a foe at least two size
categories larger than you. You gain a +4 dodge bonus to your Armor Class, which
stacks with the bonus for total defense.

(would this apply to everyone attacking me? Just the 1st attacker that qualifies to trigger it? If 4 giants surrounded me and attacked at once what would happen?)
If that foe misses you, on your next turn, as a free action, you may make a DC 15 Tumble check. If the check succeeds, you move immediately to any unoccupied square on the opposite side of the foe (having successfully ducked underneath your foe).
(does this provoke Attacks of Opportunities? since it is the same Tumble DC as avoiding AoO I would be inclined to think not but I want to check. As a free action it would not cost movement yes?)
If there is no unoccupied square on the opposite side of the foe or you fail the Tumble check, you remain in the square you are in and have failed to duck underneath your foe.

s@squ@tch

First Post
hero4hire said:
I have a couple questions on how you want to run the Giantbane feat before we it comes up in comabt and possibly slow things down.

My questions are in Dark Orange

Duck Underneath: To use this maneuver, you must have
taken a total defense action, then have been attacked by a foe at least two size
categories larger than you. You gain a +4 dodge bonus to your Armor Class, which
stacks with the bonus for total defense.

(would this apply to everyone attacking me? Just the 1st attacker that qualifies to trigger it? If 4 giants surrounded me and attacked at once what would happen?)
If that foe misses you, on your next turn, as a free action, you may make a DC 15 Tumble check. If the check succeeds, you move immediately to any unoccupied square on the opposite side of the foe (having successfully ducked underneath your foe).
(does this provoke Attacks of Opportunities? since it is the same Tumble DC as avoiding AoO I would be inclined to think not but I want to check. As a free action it would not cost movement yes?)
If there is no unoccupied square on the opposite side of the foe or you fail the Tumble check, you remain in the square you are in and have failed to duck underneath your foe.

The way it reads to me is that you get the additional dodge bonus against the first creature that attacks you, since, in essence, you've got basically a readied action (during your total defense round) that will be triggered by being attacked.

I also believe that if you make your tumble check, there would be no AoO's, if not, I think you would be susceptible to AoO's.

And I think the spirit of the feat would be that the tumble past the giant would not count against your movement.

hero4hire

Explorer
s@squ@tch said:
The way it reads to me is that you get the additional dodge bonus against the first creature that attacks you, since, in essence, you've got basically a readied action (during your total defense round) that will be triggered by being attacked.

I also believe that if you make your tumble check, there would be no AoO's, if not, I think you would be susceptible to AoO's.

And I think the spirit of the feat would be that the tumble past the giant would not count against your movement.

All sounds fair.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Isida: Do you have artwork for Morika? I couldn't find it.

Found it -- the horn.

@ Rhun -- you know you posted three different artworks for your PC? Who is killin' who now? :)

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
@ Rhun -- you know you posted three different artworks for your PC? Who is killin' who now? :)

Ha ha! Just giving you options. Use the color one for his token, as it shows up the best. :)

Voadam

Legend
Isida, I know drawing a scimitar from a sheath can be done as part of a move action, but I thought drawing any item from the haversack is a distinct move action. Is there a feat/class ability that gets around this?

from the srd :
Retrieving any specific item from a haversack is a move action, but it does not provoke the attacks of opportunity that retrieving a stored item usually does.

I know gloves of storing can allow a stored item to come out as a free action, but I thought that was the benefit of them being five times as expensive and limited to one item compared to the haversack.

Remove ads