TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Henry said:
Gentlemen, gentlemen, surely these chips on your shoulders are not worth the Ruffled feathers! You should Chex your feud at the door, and Lance all festering boils that give the harsh feelings that are normally Nacho styles.

Are we Wise to this advice, now?
The above brought to you by the Uneeda Pun Company...

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
gideon_thorne said:
Perhaps the Col should get a Clue since he obviously can't cut the Mustard. :D
Clearly you are not a professor in punnery, more a weak, scarlet woman, preening like a peacock for cooking up a few pale game jokes that would turn most readers green...but not with envy :p

I could hall in some location puns, but a study of the topic prevents me from going that far--too wrentching, and I think I've given the competition enough rope, even though my predominance at this sport is a lead pipe cinch. thus I am going to lounge about now.

Cheers,
Gary

Deogolf

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
Clearly you are not a professor in punnery, more a weak, scarlet woman, preening like a peacock for cooking up a few pale game jokes that would turn most readers green...but not with envy :p

I could hall in some location puns, but a study of the topic prevents me from going that far--too wrentching, and I think I've given the competition enough rope, even though my predominance at this sport is a lead pipe cinch. thus I am going to lounge about now.

Cheers,
Gary

Sheesh! For God's sakes, Do Not encourage the man!! He can go on for hours, ya know!! I speak from experience!

Just slowly back away! Do not make eye contact!

Quietly, quietly...

gideon_thorne

First Post
Deogolf said:
Sheesh! For God's sakes, Do Not encourage the man!! He can go on for hours, ya know!! I speak from experience!

Just slowly back away! Do not make eye contact!

Quietly, quietly...

But its so fun! :) What else are we doing here if we can't have fun with our fellows? :)

Deogolf

First Post
gideon_thorne said:
But its so fun! :) What else are we doing here if we can't have fun with our fellows? :)

(Renfield voice) You crazy people! Master is not at all well! He babbles strange things and makes wierd gestures! May the gods have mercy on your souls for what you have stirred up... :uhoh:

Hee, hee, hee :confused:

Must get away...

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
All right...all right...

I will refrain from delivering more punishment, but I refuse to promise no shaggy dog stories.

Anyway, I have a dinner engagement that I need to get ready for soon :uhoh:

cheers,
Gary

Steverooo

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
Glad you lent an ear to that allusion. Shucks, you'd have been shocked if I stalked you:eek:

Who is the father of all jokes?

None other than Pop Corn!

Aargh...

Garty

Methinks he's been hangin' out with John Barley-Corn, too much! :D

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Col_Pladoh said:
Pure corn, I know, but puns always a-maze me :lol:

BTW, have you seen the Hall of Many Panes? I manage a few in there....

Cheers,
Gary
As much as it Panes me, know I have not yet seen your latest "haul" of encounters.

Anybody running it at the LGGC?

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
francisca said:
As much as it Panes me, know I have not yet seen your latest "haul" of encounters.

Anybody running it at the LGGC?
There are spronkled throughout the work some considerable number of puns, one whole encounter based on them, that the GM can work to enhance his enjoyment of the play if so desired. If the group enjoy such word play, the GM can slip in his own. If the group suffers, the GM can work my puns for all they're worth and blame it on me as he enjoys the sour expressions and groans :lol:

As the HoMP is a campaign-length module that should take a year or more to play through, I doubt anyone will be running it at the LGGC, although there are a few of the adventure panes that are great for one-off play...

Cheers,
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads