TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Oh all right...

I confess I am a gastronome, love gourmet restaurants, enjoy cooking, and am usually willing to try anything that has the prospect of being good to eat :eek:

And now I am wishing I had paid more attention to my grandfather when he was attempting to teach me about edible mushrooms. I recall him mentioning a shelf fungi that was excellent, I think he said it was orange, but matbe that was one that was poisnous. Ah well.

That mushroom pun didn't ring true.

As for Drow, I never envisaged them as a standard PC race. I guess I erred in not making them more loathesome...although malign subterranean elves that love spiders seem pretty unappealing as is...

Cheers,
Gary

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Gary, which OD&D rules will we be using during the Lake Geneva Con? Mentzer's box set rules or Hoyle's or Molday/Cook's? I was thinking of rolling up my characters at home and bringing some, or would it be better just to roll up characters in front of the judges?

JohnRTroy

Adventurer
When Gary uses the term OD&D (Original D&D), he's talking about the box HE wrote, 1974, before he started developing the Advanced and before there was such a separate thing as a Basic Set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads