Are there any Star Wars specific board games?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I'm looking into this for a holiday gift for my best friend. I don't mean a game that has a tacked on Star Wars feel, like Star Wars Monopoly, but an actual unique Star Wars board game.

Stormborn

Explorer
When I was a kid I (or perhaps my cousin) got a Star Wars: Escape from the Death Star game. This would ahve been the late 70s, maybe 80s. Doesn't really help you much, but it sparked a memory.

Simon Atavax

First Post
When I was a kid I (or perhaps my cousin) got a Star Wars: Escape from the Death Star game. This would ahve been the late 70s, maybe 80s. Doesn't really help you much, but it sparked a memory.

Here it is, all the way from 1977 (came out when the film did):
Star Wars: Escape From Death Star Game Image Gallery | BoardGameGeek

I had it too. Damn, I loved that game. Of course, I was eight at the time. ;)

There's also this, though, from 1990. I don't know much about it:
Star Wars: Escape From The Death Star | BoardGameGeek

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Yeah, there are quite a few Star Wars boardgames.

The best I've played is Star Wars: Epic Duels which is a fairly light miniature combat game - each character (or pair of characters) has a bunch of attack/defense/power cards which you use against the other players. It's really fun, but may be harder to find now - it came out in 2002.

Here's my search of BGG for Star Wars games: Star Wars games

Cheers!

Brain

First Post
Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit | BoardGameGeek (Extremely complex game :D. I mean seriously. This one can take a hours to play through)

The Queen's Gambit is a wonderful game. It has quite a few plastic figures and is card driven. Although the Phantom Menace isn't my favorite of the Star Wars movies, the game really captures the feel of it and the players control diverse forces including battlefield units, palace units, hero characters such as the jedi). If your friend hates Jar-Jar, they can play the trade federation and concentrate on killing gungans on the battlefield. It plays best with 2 players, though you can play the sides in teams if you want.

It's also out of print and can be pretty pricey if you can find it at all. (I got mine on EBay for ~$80 a couple of years ago).

Remove ads