Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, IC02

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
]ooc[
Originally Posted by Scott DeWar
ooc: would you believe that i tried like ten times to get a damage of 1 just to be able to post that?
originally posted by leif:
[OOC Ummm, NO! ]
thats good. cause i didn't
:
Originally Posted by leif
Kerlan's bolt pierces the dire weasel, who is now in "dire" straits, but not quite dead yet.
does it sing "i want my MTV"?
]/ooc[
]ic[Tylara: "You all really must take the time to learn some practical skills to supplement your magic."

Capizzio looks to her with hurt in his eyes, "What? i hit it good, just didn't hit any thing vital, like an eye or something."

Scotley

Hero
Tylara takes pity on Capizzio, "Yes, you did, now why don't you put those big strong manly arms to use to help the dwarves from the pit?" She pats him on the upper arm for emphasis, but rolls her eyes when Capizzio isn't looking.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Capizzio walks away a little bit taller and chest a bit more full (no muscle, just air) as eh eads down the tunnel to see if he can help the dwarves. as he walks away, his silvered dagger gets sheathed and the ghostly dagger dissappears with a slight *poof*.

]OOC[ Can he get past the webs? if they are still there, how much longer will they stay there? ]/OOC[

KerlanRayne

Explorer
"Now shall we see about clearing the webs and rescuing the dwarves?"
"Yes, we shall." Kerlan lights the Web with a torch, and they all disappear. The path is clear except for the scorched bodies that fell to the ground. Kerlan calls out in Dwarven. "You Dwarves can come out now, it's safe."

Leif

Adventurer
[OOC: KerlanRayne -- FYI you don't have to actually burn the webs, you can just dismiss your spell, and they will vanish. At least, I think it was your spell. Whoever the caster is, if not, can dismiss them.]

The webs eliminated, two relieved-looking Dwarves emerge from the tunnel, blinking. (There is no pit there, btw.) One of them says, "Greetings and Many Thanks! I am Torbin and this is my brother Korbin," he says, indicating the other Dwarf. "We were at the mercy of the hobgoblins, who were having us dig into what they supposed was the treasure room of the keep, behind yonder locked door. Here he indicates the door in the eastern wall of this room, in AH/AI, 13,14. We were trying to take as much time as we could, without needlessly soiling the reputation of Dwarven miners everywhere!"

OOC: I'm going to pretend that DeWar's 'MTV comment' doesn't exist! I have too much respect for Mark Knopfler to do otherwise. :p

Attachments

• Whirtlestaffs Hobgoblin Dungeon 0016.xls
    20.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Kerlan walks up to them, introduces himself, and greets each of them in turn with a handshake and a few words in Dwarven. Switching back to common he asks, "Well, it's good to see that you are safe. So, what's your story? How long have you been here? How did you end up here? Are there any more prisoners you know about? What do you know about this place?"

Scotley

Hero
Tylara

"Well met gentlemen. Digging a tunnel to bypass a locked door you say? That seems like the hard way to go about it. Does anybody have a knock spell...or a lock pick?"

Leif

Adventurer
Torbin and Korbin

Kerlan walks up to them, introduces himself, and greets each of them in turn with a handshake and a few words in Dwarven. Switching back to common he asks, "Well, it's good to see that you are safe. So, what's your story? How long have you been here? How did you end up here? Are there any more prisoners you know about? What do you know about this place?"
Torbin says, "Ahh so many questions! We were on our way to Pembrose to set up our weaponsmith shop when we were accosted and taken prisoner by the hobgoblins. We have only been here for a few days. And, no, as far as we know, there are no other prisoners here. If they hadn't needed our mining skills, I imagine that we'd be dead by now! They just assumed that we were miners since we are dwarves. And, not wanting to anger them further, we played along."

Leif

Adventurer
Torbin and Korbin

Korbin now says, "Hey, Torbin, tell them about the deal."

Torbin then says, "Ahh, yes! We've just been talking these past few minutes, and we are very grateful to you for rescuing us from these hobgoblins. Once we get our shop established in Pembrose, which we will call "Two Dwarves Fine Weapons", we will gladly give to each of you two of our finest quality weapons of your choice! And we will also give to you each a 35% discount for life. All we ask is that you give us one month to get established in business first, please."

(OOC: Masterwork quality!)

Last edited:

Remove ads