New 3.5 D&D game recriutment

shorty

First Post
Adventure's find them selves in a small town, the building's are surrounding a well in the middle of town, there are three houses an Inn a black smith, general store, a town hall and a castle to the far east, as adventure's enter this town they are aloud to move freely but nothing more is happening yet.

But shortly as people arrive, everyone can hear a small gnome's voice yelling to the people about an adventure, in a dungeon at the castle, he look's a little shifty on top of three large box's, his message get's out to the people, he is looking for strong adventure's to come and take on the king and queen's challenge.

He was located in front of the town hall, yelling his story, trying to get people to go to the Dungeon, saying anything he could to either trick of make people think that it was easy.

I would like to use a standard Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 character sheet

Book's:

3.5 player's hand book
Complete Divine
Complete arcane
complete adventure
Complete Mage
monster manual 2
monster manual 4 edition
Heroes of horror
Deities and demigods
Races of the wild
Races of stone
Races of destiny
Arms and equipment guide

Web sight's being used

http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm
http://invisiblecastle.com/

Character starting level will be level 2

HP will be your classes hit die, plus your Con. mod
For level 2, once you have you Con. and hit die, for HP add you hit die again, for second level HP

Stats:
Roll 4d6 put the three highest number's together, to get your stats. Take out the smallest roll each time.
Your rolling for your Str. Dex. Con. Int. Wis. Cha.
Once you have stats please fill out skill point's, save throw's Fortitude, Reflex, Will.
Base Attack Bonus, Grapple, Feats, Special Abilities, Languages, Initiative
Initiative is your Dex. mod

Item's for starting out:
Back Pack, Bedroll, Water skin, 4 day trail ration's, x2 torch, x1 cure light potion, 50 ft. rope

Starting Gold:
GP: 400

Classes you can choose from:
Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Wizard.

Race:
Human, Dwarves, Elves, Gnomes, Half-Elves, Half-Orcs, Halflings.

Weapons and Armor:
You can find weapons and armor for your character at,

http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Rule's:
No party killing.

Resurrections will be given only once during the game, after that you have to take the dead to a temple to be resurrected.

Have fun and enjoy the game.

For gamers that only check the forum's once in a while and post i would like to note for them that i will not cut them out of the campaign but i will send them the information they are missing from the last time they played i will not cut anyone out of the game if they have to leave or they only check in once a week i will just have them doing some thing else to catch up with the rest of the group

Alignment's:
you will have to follow your classes alignment.

Question's:

If you have any question's please ask.

example of character sheet

Name: shorty
user: Josh
class: Barbarian
lvl: 2
race: half orc
alignment: chaotic evil
Deity: Gruumsh
size: 8ft
Weight: 200 pounds
eye's: blue
Hair: black
skin: green

str: 20 (5)
Dex: 15 (2)
Con: 16 (3)
Int: 13 (1)
Wis: 15 (2)
Cha: 13 (1)

fortitude: 5
Reflex: 4
Will: 2

Base Attack bonus: 2

Grapple: 7

weapon: Halberd (7) 1D10 x3
weapon: x10 trown axe (7) 1D6 x2
weapon: warhammer (7) 1D8 x3

Armor: Breast Plate, medium armor, (5) AC (3) DEX

Shield: Buckler, (1) AC

Helmet: (1) AC

hp: 30
Ac: 20

Initiative (2)

Skill's
Bluff: 5
Climb: 7
Concentration: 4
Gather Information: 5
Intimidate: 5
Jump: 7
Listen: 6
Move Silently: 4
Search: 6
Sense Motive: 4
Spot: 4
Tumble: 4

Feat: lightning Reflex (2) reflex save

Special Abilities
Rage
Fast Movement
Uncanny Dodge

Item's
backpack
bedroll
water skin
4 day trail ration
x1 torch
x7 cure light potion
50 ft rope

money
21 gold

Languages
Common
Orcish
Elvin

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Just going to mention a few things for you to consider or answer..... Not meaning to be rude or anything, just informative.

1, if English is not your native language or close enough, it helps to mention it (and maybe mention what your native language is, so others who speak that language might be able to communicate back and forth with you more easily). Otherwise, posts like yours give the impression that you're either a rather lazy typist or just don't have a good grasp on the language. Some of us realize that it may just be a matter of not being a native English-speaker, but it always helps to type well when you're trying to participate in a text-based online game.

Poor spelling/grammar/capitalization/etc. stick out in this kind of environment, whereas in a face-to-face game it's not an issue. But for text-based gaming, it gives a bad impression. Lazy typists are unlikely to be attentive players or DMs, for instance, in my years of experience as both a player and a DM/GM in online games. If it's just a not-your-native-language issue, it's easier for folks to accept and not worry about so much. Though even then, it still grates on a few of us who are real sticklers for good spelling/grammar (like me; I can't help it, I'm obsessive-compulsive about writing and orderliness in general; it's connected to my Tourrette's Syndrome).

So it may help you recruit players or join an existing campaign if you exercise better spelling/grammar or make it clear whether or not English is your native language.

2, it seems like you may be new to DMing, so don't be afraid to go over to the General forum and ask some questions about anything DMing-related you're not sure of.

3, you're not very clear on your character creation requirements. You mention levels 1 through 5, but does that mean the players should make their characters at level 1 and can simply expect to reach level 5 by the end of the adventure/dungeon/whatever? DMs need to be clear about things like starting level, starting gold, useable rulebooks/materials, and starting hit points in the case of characters beyond 1st-level.

In general it's a terrible idea to start Player Characters off at different levels from one another. Make sure you start them off at a level where they should be able to handle your prepared adventure (for instance, if the adventure included a battle with 4 typical bugbears or 1 ogre or similarly-strong creatures, that would likely result in the PCs all being killed if they have to face that battle at 1st-level, so you'd ideally want them to be 2nd or 3rd level by the time they face such an encounter). I've been on the painful end of one poorly-prepared novice DM's scenario where he sent 2 mummies to fight 2 Player Characters who were each 4th-level, and were both melee-oriented characters using piercing and slashing weapons that emphasized critical hits (mine was a two-weapon fighter/rogue with longsword and short sword), so they got slaughtered by the mummies.

Vertexx69

First Post
First off welcome to enworld :lol:

Another thing to consider is having a clear posting schedule right from the start (1/day, 3/week etc.), so that people who only post a couple times a week or less won't fill up spots in a party that wants to post daily, or vise versa. There are many kinds of gamers on this site, from those so busy with RL that they only check here once every 2 weeks, to those of us with no lives that can check several times every day like me :p so it just helps to be specific right out of the gate :cool:

shorty

First Post
thank you for the advice

thank you for giving me some advice it is going to help me that way i can make every thing more clear and also fix thing's up so that i can make thing's playable for the people that want to join the game and i understand player lvl's should be the same and i didn't make that clear i will fix every thing so it's clear and people will understand it easier that way we can get started

shorty

First Post
nope it's there you might have looked over it too fast but it's in there i added every thing needed to make a character and every thing else

shorty

First Post
if you do your math again i would only have 27 HP 12+12+3=27
And thank you for catching my mistake it was even wrong on my character sheet so that is my bad with that

i look in my 3.5 player's hand book a lot to check thing's so it was my mistake for not catching it sooner

Arkhandus

First Post
Constitution modifiers apply to every hit die/level. So a 2nd-level character adds their Constitution bonus to both their 1st-level hit die and their 2nd-level hit die. Just as an Intelligence modifier applies to your number of skill points gained at every single level.

Remove ads