[4E] Touch of Maddess [Closed]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Insight, I just noticed the Character Builder has not yet been errata'd for Battlerage vigor, I intend to use the errata but you might not be aware of that. So we can let you change builds, or house rule to character builder to match the errata, what do you think?

Shayuri

First Post
I figure Kyriel is well known among the clergy of Ioun, if not always well-loved. She has no connection to church hierarchy and while she affords church elders respect, she feels no particular duty to them nor acknowledges them any authority over her.

Outside of religious circles, she may be known to scholars. One of her functions is to preserve knowledge. It wouldn't be unusual for scholars studying a new trove of unearthed lore to be visited by Kyriel, who transcribes the pages into a fresh book with her magic pen...thus ensuring that the work will not be lost easily...and leaving again. Scholars are likely to sympathize with her goals, if not always her methods, though those who seek out ancient lore and secrets for selfish ends will despise her.

I don't think there are other social subgroups she really interacts with a lot, generally. Theoretically she might have business with anyone, humble or mighty, if they have some tidbit of information Ioun wants to safeguard, or are serving Vecna, or Primordials.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Baden's been a killer for hire, primarily working for good or unaligned ruling or noble houses. The people he's hired to kill usually need to perish in order to help stabilize an area politically or to head off the development of a tyranny. At least he sees them that way . . .

Anyway, the nature of his job is fairly solitary, but he's gregarious by nature and has tried to keep his professional and personal lives separate.

He's recently left his last employer due to a disagreement over the necessity of one of the assassinations he was asked to perform, and now finds himself at loose ends.

I'm fine with him knowing any of the party, none of them, or any combination. If he is to know anyone, I can think of four fairly easy connections - either he's used them for information or other resources, they've used him in a professional capacity, their paths have crossed in the course of a job, or they know each other socially.

Insight

Adventurer
Insight, I just noticed the Character Builder has not yet been errata'd for Battlerage vigor, I intend to use the errata but you might not be aware of that. So we can let you change builds, or house rule to character builder to match the errata, what do you think?

I havent seen the errata'd version. If it's too awful, I may have to make some changes.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Whenever you hit an enemy with a melee or a close
attack, you gain temporary hit points equal to your
Constitution modifier, plus any temporary hit points
normally granted by the power.
If you use an invigorating fighter attack power
and miss every target with it, you gain temporary hit
points equal to your Constitution modifier.
When wearing light armor or chainmail, you gain
a +1 bonus to damage rolls with melee and close
weapon attacks whenever you have temporary hit
points. This bonus increases to +2 if you’re wielding
an axe, a hammer, a mace, or a pick.

Galphanore

First Post
I could definately see Sharundabald running across Kyriel before, and from you brief description he would probabaly remember her. Up to you as to whether she remembers him. He's a fairly memorable person, it's the yellow eyes and very.....insistent personality. He spends a good amount of time working with or for the church, including retrieving tomes of lost information for them so they could have met in a professional capacity.

As for Baden, Sharundabald is one of those followers of Ioun that thinks spreading knowledge is almost always good, so if Baden is willing to trade in knowledge then he would find Sharundabald, "Sharun" to friends, a ready source.

Sharundabald has heard of Barek, he read up on wellspring before coming to town and noted his shrine with some interest, but they probabaly have not met as this is his first visit to the area.

[sblock=Stat Block]Sharundabald Abizandabar- Tiefling Psion 10
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19
AC:23, Fort:16, Ref:22, Will:22 -- Speed: 6 (7 when Bloodied)
HP:58/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges Per-Day 6/6
Initiative +5 Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used

Powers, Inherent:
At Will : Melee Basic Attack, Ranged Masic Attack, Memory Hole, Betrayal, Force Grasp
Encounter : Infernal Wrath, Distract, Send Thoughts, Intellect Fortress, Eyebite
Daily : Mental Trauma, Crisis of Identity, Mind Shadow, Sensory Onslaught, Intellect Leech

Powers, Item:
At Will : Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
Daily : Ghost Phase, +2 Power Bonus next Int Attack, Wildrunners, Obsidian Steed
Always Active : Cloak of Disortion[/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
what Gene said, less incredable hulk, more surging with sucsess.

Plus a change to your improved vigor

http://wizards.com/dnd/files/UpdateJuly2009.pdf

Hmm. I guess with everyone crying about Battlerage Vigor, I can see why they sorta nerfed it. I built Barek with a lot of invigorating powers already, and I hope he can hit enough to make up for Barek's lack of defenses. The point with the Battlerager was that your character would have less defenses but make up for it with the stacking temp hp. That's out the window now.

I wonder if it would make more sense to get rid of the damage bonus in favor of better armor. I'll have to think about it.

EDIT: Strangely, I added the best Scale armor I could and it made no change in Barek's AC. Strange. I guess I'll stick with what he already had.

The change to Improved Vigor is negligible so no worries there.

Last edited:

Remove ads