[4E] Touch of Maddess [Closed]

Shayuri

First Post
Kyriel in the RG.

Given the teefer's background, it would make sense if they had met before, perhaps even worked together.

I'm not sure if the church of Ioun is the sort to use a killer for hire, but I can't rule it out. Ioun is Unaligned, after all. :)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
It's certainly possible that some factions of the priesthood of Ioun could have hired a killer at some point, the priesthood of Ioun isn't what one would call organized religion, the libaries are, dewey decimal and all that, but the priesthood not so much.

Ok, suggestions, take them leave them, Don't want anyone to feel like I'm telling you what you have to do with your character.

Kyriel and Sharun could have been asked by another priest somewhere else if they would look over the pilgrams here in Wellspring as there will be many people and no priest is currently assigned to this temple.

Bearn could have come to Wellspring to bring his clanmate a message of some sort,

Gurk could just wander into town with no real plan except maybe buy supplies and good ale in the tavern

Phaeryn I got nothing,

Baden could be here to resupply and hopes of finding a new job.

And of course Barek already lives here, and being a dwarf I don't need an excuse for placing him in route to the tavern.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Works for me. We can say Baden has a passing acquaintaince with Kyriel and Sharun. He did a job for the Church of Ioun at some time in the past and Kyriel was his contact there. He needed some information for that job and Kyriel directed him to Sharun, with whom he traded an obscure text he'd picked up on another job for the information he needed. Does that work for you guys?

When he found himself at loose ends he headed for the temple here in hopes he'd find one or the other of them and pick up something to support himself, even if it's not his usual sort of gig.

Galphanore

First Post
Kyriel and Sharun could have been asked by another priest somewhere else if they would look over the pilgrams here in Wellspring as there will be many people and no priest is currently assigned to this temple.

Works for me. We can say Baden has a passing acquaintaince with Kyriel and Sharun. He did a job for the Church of Ioun at some time in the past and Kyriel was his contact there. He needed some information for that job and Kyriel directed him to Sharun, with whom he traded an obscure text he'd picked up on another job for the information he needed. Does that work for you guys?

When he found himself at loose ends he headed for the temple here in hopes he'd find one or the other of them and pick up something to support himself, even if it's not his usual sort of gig.
Both of those sound good to me.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
On a slightly functional note, we have 3 characters whose names start with 'Ba'... should one or more of us change our names to avoid confusion?

Moon_Goddess

It was getting confusing to me, but I wasn't going to say anything, you guys can deal with it I can.

ok so are you all ready can we start this game tonight?

Finish up, I'm starting the IC thread this evening...

Shayuri

First Post
Mowgli, your idea is good in general, though keep in mind that Kyriel isn't assigned to one church, but rather typically moves around on her own or in small bands to accomplish specific goals. Even so, there's no reason you and she couldn't have crossed paths at one point as you sought information. The church library may not have had much, so you were directed to Kyriel, who was visiting at the time. After listening to your needs, she directed you to another of the faithful she knew, who would know more on the subject.

Darwin, the pilgrim protecting sounds right up Kyriel's alley. Done. :)

Moon_Goddess

A library in a temple of Ioun, not having much information? I'm seeing the priesthood as being the Google of their day, obsessed with collecting and sharing information

Galphanore

First Post
A library in a temple of Ioun, not having much information? I'm seeing the priesthood as being the Google of their day, obsessed with collecting and sharing information
The library would be the internet, it's clerics would be google, and even google directs you to the place you can go to get the information you're looking for :)

Remove ads