Adventure: Food of the Gods (DM: ryryguy, Judge: renau1g)

Mewness

First Post
ooc: just noting here that I'm using Warden's Fury, not Warden's Grasp.

Edit: apparently unnecessary, but that was the plan.

Mewness

First Post
As the goliath slowly works his way out of the thorns again, he calls out to the group. Ok, what was that, and why is it in a town?

"I wish I knew," says Papolstaanas, picking at the front of his armor, where the vine-thing has pierced him twice in almost exactly the same place. Frowning a little, he pulls Homilies of Azantia out of his shirt and discovers that the creature's barb has bored a neat hole all the way through the book. He suddenly feels a little better. "I think I saw some vines sort of like that once, but they didn't attack me or have bloody animal parts all over them or anything."

ryryguy

First Post
Encounter over!

After the avenger slices the final creature into small bits, a brief silence falls over the garden, broken only by heavy breathing from the adventurers. After a few seconds, the eye hovering over the entry gate drops down out of view again, with a quiet splash. Gradually, the thick, thorny hedges shrink back down to their original waist-level height, their thorns and thick brambles seeming to melt away into smoke.

Ahead, across the garden, the wall of thorny brambles that blocked the entrance to the looming pyramid quickly crumbles to an ashy residue. Torchlight flickers farther down the dark passageway.

The brightly colored birds and insects return a few moments later, flitting around the now harmless shrubs and flowers.

[sblock=Encounter Over!]Well, that encounter was a bit easier than the first. It helped that the avenger got the crits instead of the DM this time.

I thought it was a pretty fun fight, if maybe a bit too static. The idea was that somebody would get dragged into the interior by one of the creatures, but it proved too easy to escape their grasp. Also that the zombies wanted to fly back to the totems to charge up with temp HP, but they didn't survive long enough (timely crit). It might have been a bit more interesting if I let the party get more into the center of the garden before starting the encounter. But oh well. :)

Soon I will post XP for all the encounters completed so far.[/sblock]
[sblock=Short Rest/Milestone]After a short rest you'll hit a milestone and gain one action point.

You don't have to take the short rest immediately, nor do you have to stay in the garden while you take it. Let me know what you want to do.[/sblock]
[sblock=LadyLaw]I've been posting "-X" for damage taken all along so far, until the creature's hitpoints are revealed, then I've been posting "X/Y" for hitpoints remaining. But I'll try to make it more clear next time.[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ryryguy]This was the first time I actually noticed it. I guess I had glanced over it previously or something.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
"I-I guess it's all right if we take a rest here," says Papolstaanas, observing the changes in the garden along with the butterflies and tweeting birds. "It almost looks like the owner is trying to make us feel, feel welcome."

Mezegis

First Post
Jynxx, how about playing a little ditty while I bandage myself back up? It alway seems to ease the pain a bit more when you have a pleasant tune to distract you. The large man then sits crosslegged in the garden, and pulls a bit of cloth from his pack and begins wrapping up the few vine lashes he suffered. I think we should take a moment to catch our breath before heading down that torchlit path, who known when something else might happen, I thought we were pretty safe in a town, and look what happened.

BenBrown

First Post
"This garden is a strange place," Kaeysari observes. "I wouldn't like to linger here too long, but best to rest here, rather than face what lies ahead unrested."

Mewness

First Post
"I kind of like it, now that nothing's attacking us," says Papolstaanas, leaning to smell some of the pretty purple flowers. "Ick." A butterfly lands on one of the small spines on the back of his head without his noticing, making him look as though he is wearing a colorful bow.

[sblock=healing]Papolstaanas will spend a surge to top himself off. Why not, he has oodles of the things.[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Papolstaanas Male Kobold Warden 1
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 16; Passive Insight: 11; Senses: Normal
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:14, Will:12
HP:35/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:8/13
Action Points: 2
Powers:
Shifty
Tempest Assault
Weight of Earth
Warden’s Fury (immediate interrupt)
Warden’s Grasp (immediate reaction)

Gale Strike
Second Wind
Student of the Sword (feat)

Form of Winter's Herald

Conditions:

Full sheet: Papolstaanas[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
//OOC: Since it looks like we're healing/short resting, Chaku'll use 2 and top himself off. This is including the Song of Rest bonus//

[sblock=Chaku's stats]Chaku - Goliath Barbarian 1
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 12
AC 16, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 13
HP 33/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges 7/12
Speed 6, Initiative +1
Action Points: 1, Second wind
At-Will Powers: Howling Strike, Howl of Fury
Encounter Powers: Avalanche Strike, Swift Charge, Stone's Endurance
Daily Powers: Bloodhunt Rage
Racial Features: Mountain's Tenacity, Powerful Athlete, Stone's Endurance
Class Features: Barbarian Agility, Feral Might, Rageblood Vigor, Rampage
[/sblock]