Adventure: Food of the Gods (DM: ryryguy, Judge: renau1g)

Mewness

First Post
"Um, thanks," says Papolstaanas hesitantly, looking nervously at the wights for some moments before sheathing his sword. "I'm, um, Papolstaanas." He follows the dwarves.

[sblock=flurry of die rolls]Religion checks: door handle; DC 15; DC 20; and an insight check 1d20+0=17 1d20+0=20 1d20+0=11 1d20+1=4. Huh, surprisingly good on the religion.[/sblock]

Charm

First Post
Cillani raises her left eyebrow in doubt but doesn't trust herself not to say something that could start hostilities. As she makes ready to go to the waiting room she bends down and whispers to Bwarli. "It seems you do not understand some of our ways but it can be considered a very rude thing to state the Reaper Queen's true name. Remember that well, for next time she may not be so forgiving." She winks at him and places a cheerful smile on her face. "Well shall we go await this host of ours?"

[sblock=OOC] Wow that came out more threatening then I was going for lol So who's going in first? lol :D
Insight:1d20+9=21 [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=XP and Loot Award]
Encounter 1: Plantation
150 Plaenhoin (Wereserpent) (level 3 Controller)
250 Zocaltipapatlaca Halfling Slinger x 2 (level 2 Artillery)
250 Viper Swarm x 2 (level 2 Brute)
250 Poisoned Cacao Tree x 2 (level 2 Obstacle)
---
900 total XP (EL 3).
990: +10% due to terrain disadvantages and extra monster powers.
990 / 6 x 2 = 330 per PC

Minor Quest:
120 Save Krassus (Bumped to 120 XP for sixth player)
120 / 6 x 2 = 40 per PC

Encounter 2: Mercenaries

350 Level 4, Complexity 2 Skill Challenge
350 / 6 x 2 = 116 per PC.

Encounter 3: Headman's Garden

250 Bloodthorn Vines x 2 (level 2 Soldier)
300 Rotwing Zombies x 2 (level 3 Skirmisher)
125 Tainted Root Pod (level 2 Controller)
---
675 total XP (EL 1)
675 / 6 x 2 = 225 per PC.

Overall total (per PC): 330 + 40 + 116 + 225 =
711 XP

Loot:
Frost Greatsword +1 (Azryah)
Vanguard Maul +1 (Chaku)
Healing Potion (Kaeysari)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Judge]
I approve of these awards and also award ryryguy 4 DM credits for the 2 months of the game so far (as of 3/21) [/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Jynxx waves off his sister, "Calm yourself. The Reaper Queen's true name is not a concern at this moment."

A smile comes across his face, "I do not doubt that we would not come to harm under that ever watchful and seemingly ever present eye. I do wish to know exactly what the was though, for I have not seen it before."

Jynxx's eyes dart about as the mental warning comes across his mind, he nods slowly but says nothing.

[sblock=ooc]

Jynxx will spend 2 healing surges to get up to 22.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yes that potion... I thought Kaeysari took it, but looking back, it doesn't seem you all officially decided. You can decide however you like, of course.

Sorry for lack of update. I'm going out of town for the weekend. My schedule is pretty packed until the trip. I ought to be able to post a bit during the trip but it will probably be on the light side.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
The unpainted skin around Bwarli's eyes and on his hand whitens as he blanches at Cillani's words. He takes some reassurance from Jynxx's comments, returning the bard's smile gratefully.

Each wight drops its head slightly as Cillani passes by on her way to the door.

The two dwarves lead the way down a long corridor. Two of the wights fall in about twenty feet behind, their foot-claws tapping softly on the stone floor. The passage is lit by more torches as well as a few skylights which let in a bit of light from the setting sun. A few doors and narrower passages branch off to the side, but the guides ignore continue straight ahead.

After a few minutes you pass through an open archway into a circular chamber sixty feet in diameter. Its domed roof is set with several more skylights, and a large hearth built from blue bricks holds a bright roaring fire. Thick, colorful rugs cover the cold stone floor, and a long banquet table before the hearth is covered with piles of fruit, roasted meats, dishes of sauces and peppers, flat breads and clay jugs of water and wine next to drinking bowls. Across the room from the table is a large, throne-like chair on a raised platform, its stone armed intricately carved and its back and seat covered by brown furs. Silver inlays set with topaz and turquoise flecks form winking geometric patterns on the walls. A large window opposite the entry, covered by a woven screen, looks over the pyramid's lowest terrace and provides a stunning view of the bay and steeply rising cliffs to the north. A gentle breeze brings a slight sniff of salty marine air through the screen. Overall, for a room inside a foreboding stone pyramid inhabited by undead horrors, it's quite cosy and welcoming.

The trailing wights stop before entering the room. They take up positions just outside the arch.

Bwarli indicates the table. "Please, enjoy our humble hospitality," he says. "The Honored Ancestor wishes to be able to speak with you in your own tongue. As soon as his ritual is complete, he will join us here."

Mezegis

First Post
Chaku looks around and sighs a moment before taking up a position against a wall, content to the the religious and intelligent take the lead on this. He didn't like having to deal with anyone who delt with undead, friendly or not, so it would be best if he kept his mouth shut.

Remove ads