Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: The penalty stacks correct?

OOC: Yes, you are correct. This is the ticking time bomb aspect of this skill challenge for those not trained in Acrobatics. The penalties do not apply to the Acrobatics roll itself, but they do stack to a max of -6 (and a success lowers the penalty by 2) and apply to any other skill that the PC is attempting. I'll correct my previous post. Also remember, that if a player figures out how to stabilize the PC, that PC doesn't need to roll Acrobatics checks.

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
As the team tries to control the ship, the elemental stops fighting them as hard. The airship is still shaking, but not nearly as violently as before.

OOC: Sorry guys. I was off on Nyar's DC last round. With Narvala's help, he succeeded instead of just missing a failure. That means two things:

4 Successes, 1 Failure

The DC for the Acrobatics drops from 15 to 12.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn returns to the ship and tries to spot something else that could be useful. He's taken a back by apparent lock the casters found themselves in. He was looking for instruction, but now has to search for something to do by himself.

OOC: looking for a hint here :) Something that may have been used in the past as elemental treat to appease it. Maybe something it likes? Or just the way to reinforce the controls...

Perception (1d20+9=26)
Acrobatics (1d20+4=12)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Cairn sees that Nyar and Narvala are still being shaken by the gyrations of the ship. If he could physically stabilize them in some fashion, it would probably help them.

Also, Cairn sees a burnt section of trash near the top strut. Is it possible that the Goblin feeds the elemental in trash?

Luinnar

First Post
Um hello? Voices inside my head? Can you please tell me how to stop getting bumped and shaken around on the giant metal creature? Christina says, then pauses for a moment. Gee thanks! That worked great! she says. Walking to get a closer look at the metal beams.

OOC: Acrobatics check using speak with spirits = 14

Um, I think if you put one of those long metal things here she says pointing to a spot on the barge and there she says pointing to another you could make Mr. Metal thingie stop jumping around so much!

OOC: -2 penalty, Perception check to look for the best place to put the last of the beam(s) = 17

If all the beams are in place please let me know and I'll change my action :)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Yes. we think the mages need to be anchored to stay stable so they can focus. Also, elemental might enjoy some sustenance."

Cairn motions toward the feeding grounds while moving toward frozen casters.

Remove ads