Clarabells Cartography

Clarabell

First Post
Hey all. Just thought I'd share some of my maps that I've made/will make.

This is my most recent, and best one.

SmallVerison.png

Unlabeled: Continent of Arylia, Unlabled by =raejekii on deviantART

labled: Continent of Arylia, Finished by =raejekii on deviantART

Let me know what you think ^^

Last edited:

Guillaume

Julie and I miss her
Hey all. Just thought I'd share some of my maps that I've made/will make.

This is my most recent, and best one.

... image removed

Unlabeled: Continent of Arylia, Unlabled by =raejekii on deviantART

labled: Continent of Arylia, Finished by =raejekii on deviantART

Let me know what you think ^^

I really like the old parchment feel and the graphics of the compass rose. I also like the details of the roads, political boundaries, places of interest and the rivers.

The labelling needs work. It is difficult to read and the smaller labels (for the places of interest) do not stand out. I had to look twice before noticing that they were there.

Overall a very good map. Keep it up and please keep on sharing.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Clarabell

First Post
Thanks for your comments ^^ very appreciated.

I'm going to work on another one soon. I have the base land figured out, just have to decide on what style i want to do it in.

This is all it currently looks like. The white is land.

Continent3.png

The idea behind it is it was supposed to be a continent on a mechanical planet, but the mechanism that was creating this continent failed and this is how it stayed.

Clarabell

First Post
I wish it was. Unfortunately I have yet to get any kind of commission work. It would be nice. I love cartography. These maps are actually for my own project. A campaign book for my world. It has 14 continents, all of them will have lots of maps, history, quests, etc.

One of several very long impossible projects I have going on. This book goes along with the RPG system I'm building called Keeper of Lore.

Morkul

First Post
Thanks for your comments ^^ very appreciated.

I'm going to work on another one soon. I have the base land figured out, just have to decide on what style i want to do it in.

This is all it currently looks like. The white is land.

Continent3.png

The idea behind it is it was supposed to be a continent on a mechanical planet, but the mechanism that was creating this continent failed and this is how it stayed.

i dig how organic the shapes look on this map. it looks like some careless deity stirred them up with a reciprocating saw. you could have some primitive half-organic lifeforms runamok, killing each other for parts. ever seen that animated film from the eighties, Starchaser: The Legend of Orin? it was terrible, but there are some half-organic half-robotic mutants in that movie that scavenge parts off each other's corpses. you probably have something completely different in mind for your world...

Remove ads