Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy, Reprise [Pfdr] [IC 04]

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark-Quest :The Vault of Larin Karr, Cont -- Mowgli OOC

[sblock=Manny/Mowgli]
I have some doubts that manny is able to see Simeon stop since Simeon is far enough ahead of the party to be outside the illumination of the party's light source, but I'm ruling in your favor anyway because it's a good idea and it will keep things simple.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Moving quielty and he wishes quickly Simeon heads back towards the group.

[sblock=Leif/DM] Simeon will head as quickly as he can (1/2 movement while using Stealth) back to the group. Not sure if at that speed I can out race him. But just so you can get an idea Simeon would be at about 50-60 feet ahead of the group, and he has darkvision up to 120' due to deep sight. Hope that helps you with where everyone is at the moment.

Let me know...

a) If it looks like the giant is moving towards the group. And if he is, is he slowly catching up to Simeon.

b) When Simeon gets back to the group.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark-Quest :The Vault of Larin Karr, Cont -- What Simeon Sees (Wizards Keep Out)

[sblock=Simeon Longknife / Holy Man]
Ok, first of all, I've ruled that Simeon has crept to his present position quietly and hidden himself successfully as long as he is still and remains right where he is. If he now moves while under the direct gaze of the giant, you'll need to make both a Hide check and a Move Silently check immediately, both opposed by the giant's Spot check. It's quite possible that Simeon will succeed, but it's a definite gamble.
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Manny/Mowgli]
I have some doubts that manny is able to see Simeon stop since Simeon is far enough ahead of the party to be outside the illumination of the party's light source, but I'm ruling in your favor anyway because it's a good idea and it will keep things simple.
[/sblock]

[sblock=GM/Leif]Danke, kind sir! Relós has darkvision, and can communicate telepathically with Manny, so you're not stretching things too much.[/sblock]

{{Eh, boss? Manny? He's coming back, and trying to be sneaky about it.}} {{Thanks, Relós. Let's make ourselves unobtrusive.}}

Manny dismounts, and he and Relós separate and also try to hide. Manny finds a shadow in a shallow depression of the cave wall; Relós' dark fur fades into the shadows almost completely.

[sblock=Actions]Stealth Checks (Manny: 1d20+15=19, Relós: 1d20+15=26)[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
The giant can see those near the light source with his low light vision. He is not aware of the positions of Manny, Relós, and Simeon Longknife. He did catch a glimpse of Manny as he dismounted, but he lost him in the shadows soon after that. So it is not unreasonable to figure that he knows there is at least one unseen being creeping around in the passageway, but hill giants aren't known for their mental prowess. For all you can surmise, he may think that the 'creepers' are also about to ambush those walking with the light. The giant puts his hand on the hilt of his sword, but does not otherwise move. He makes like a lump in the wall and waits.

OOC: That answer all your questions, Kerlan? I"m thinking that Manny and Relós are about 40 feet away from the giant, Simeon is between 35 and 40 feet from it/him, and the rest of you are 65 feet away.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Bow in hand Simeon wonders why the dumb beast...

Oh because it's a dumb beast.
he thinks with a tusky grin.

He has a clear shot and wonders if he should try a shoot and hide approach like the clan uses with other such dumb animals.

[sblock=OOC] Have bow and arrow in hand. Not his best weapons...but. Also might try to snipe. But that would be a -20 to my hide check. But would be fun if I rolled well.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases