Leif's All-Eladrin DweomerFall Saga [4E, IC01]

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Apparently, Galin and Quarion can do whatever the heck they wish! Feel free to set the course for the group at your leisure and discretion. And Rinivan, if he can get his Charger to stop snickering....

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - As you guys may or may not know, I've been struggling with some things the last couple of weeks, and it's impacted my posting in this game. I've given it a lot of thought, and with y'all's approval, I'll continue playing with the understanding that if it looks like I might do that again, I'll ask Leif to NPC and/or dispose of the character as he sees fit. It's bad enough when I can't post...it shouldn't hold the game up for the rest of you. My sincere apologies.)

Sulannus squints her luminous green eyes as she thinks about the question, reviewing her knowledge of rituals and their practitioners. She shushes Quarion with a quick 'shh' of her finger at her lips and a shake of her head.

"It can be done," she says at last. "But I don't have the knowledge to do it myself. However, I can do the next best thing."

The eladrin noblewoman produces a small metal rod from her pouch; a tuning fork in fact, but quite ornate...mithril with thin twining bands of orichalcum.

"I can contact someone else who does."

(OOC - Leif, would an Arcana check tell Su who would know high level rituals and who might be willing to do the PC's (and their noble House) a little favor? :))

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Hey Shayuri, we all have times when other things pull us away from the games. I for one am glad to have you stick around with the understanding that you may come and go a bit. Happens to the best of us. ;)

Leif

Adventurer
(OOC - As you guys may or may not know, I've been struggling with some things the last couple of weeks, and it's impacted my posting in this game. I've given it a lot of thought, and with y'all's approval, I'll continue playing with the understanding that if it looks like I might do that again, I'll ask Leif to NPC and/or dispose of the character as he sees fit. It's bad enough when I can't post...it shouldn't hold the game up for the rest of you. My sincere apologies.

(OOC - Leif, would an Arcana check tell Su who would know high level rituals and who might be willing to do the PC's (and their noble House) a little favor? :))
OOC: Here's what we'll do -- We will understand if Shayuri is gone for awhile and will not think less of him for it. That said, I will try to remember that we need to keep the game moving, and will step in and npc Sulannus after a few days. Shayuri will be expected to re-visit any mistakes that I made while doing so -- FOR INSTANCE, had I done so in this case, we would have been totally deprived of Shayuri's awesomely unanticipated solution to the current problem!

IC: A SUCCESSFUL Arcana check will suggest to Sulannus who may know such a ritual, but it will take a Diplomacy check (with an appropriate adjustment for how said person's family and the PCs family get along) to get the assistance. This may or may not be a 'little' favor, probably depending on how well those skill checks go.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Thanks, guys. Your understanding is very deeply appreciated.)

Sulannus thinks as she stares at her Sending Fork, racking her brains for names of talented, powerful ritualists. It wasn't as easy as one might assume. Most truly powerful mages were also reclusive and disinclined to help with mundane tasks such as these. She needed someone not only with knowledge and arcane might, but who was also potentially pliable...if not necessarily cooperative without some cajoling.

Leif

Adventurer
Sulannus is pretty sure that Gleithendale the Resonant has some knowledge of this sort of thing. He is typically to be found near the 'city' of Shine in the Feywild. Whether he can teach you, or whether you can afford to compensate him to perform the ritual is another matter, however.

Last edited:

Remove ads