OOC Thread for mleibrock's Council of Thieves Game

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Well, the pain has been there for some days, but strangely enough, the weather is just now getting here. My feet are on fire with pain too.

Leif

Adventurer
Man, that's dedication to brave the wild Missouri, sorry, Tennessee weather just to make a post or two on ENWorld.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

I have a question. A dodge bonus stacks, if I recall correctly.

So,

if dodge is in 2 different bonus feat lists, monk and sorcerer bloodline for example, could you take it twice?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Nope (IMO). You can only take the feat once; feats that can be taken more than once always specify that in the description (e.g. Weapon Focus, or Fleet). The stacking is from different sources that provide the same kind of bonus (Dodge feat, Combat Expertise feat, fighting defensively).

Leif

Adventurer
For what it's worth, my understanding of 3.5 / Pathfinder rules on this point is the same as Mowgs's. Taking the Dodge Feat twice would be similar to taking Weapon Focus (Longsword) twice and expecting to get double the benefit. Still, the Dodge feat is a good one that my characters often take, in particular those with less than stellar Dex bonuses to AC.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Nope (IMO). You can only take the feat once; feats that can be taken more than once always specify that in the description (e.g. Weapon Focus, or Fleet). The stacking is from different sources that provide the same kind of bonus (Dodge feat, Combat Expertise feat, fighting defensively).

Understood: It needs to be from different sources, not the same feat twice. Having a really bad computer day. Had to do a system restore to june 24, so I might have lost some stuff I was getting ready to post.

Remove ads