GAME OF THRONES #1:The North Remembers ACT 11 Chapter 2-2012--Season Begins!

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
The North Remembers
As Robb Stark and his northern army continue the war against the Lannisters, Tyrion arrives in King's Landing to counsel Joffrey and temper the young king's excesses. On the island of Dragonstone, Stannis Baratheon plots an invasion to claim his late brother's throne, allying himself with the fiery Melisandre, a strange priestess of a stranger god. Across the sea, Daenerys, her three young dragons and khalasar trek through the Red Waste in search of allies, or water. In the North, Bran presides over a threadbare Winterfell, while beyond the Wall, Jon Snow and the Night's Watch must shelter with a devious wildling.

Game-of-Thrones-Season-2-poster.jpg

Starman

Adventurer
Overall I enjoyed it. The actress playing Melisandre seems perfect for the role. I do hope we get to see lots more of Davos; he's one of my favorite characters.

The one scene I didn't much care for was the confrontation between Cersei and Littlefinger.

I loved that scene. I thought they were about to pull another Sean Bean and kill a character by surprise. And the retort "power is power" was impressive.

I've not read the books.

Starman

Adventurer
And I have which is probably why I didn't like it. I didn't hate it; I just didn't much care for it. I'll probably end up liking it more once the whole season is through and I can see how they handle everything. I had quibbles with season one, but I really liked it and felt the show runners did a fantastic job of staying true to the story if not necessarily the details.

Spatula

Explorer
I have read the books, and thought that scene was good. It was rather shocking to see Littlefinger throw the incest in her face like that. Her response says a lot about her character. Effective only in the short term and crude and a little desperate.

I thought the episode was really good. My only regrets are (1) the scenes with Melisandre and the maester were kinda rushed, (2) not enough Arya!, and (3) did we need another prostitute try-out session? at least it was short.

NewJeffCT

First Post
I have read the books, and thought that scene was good. It was rather shocking to see Littlefinger throw the incest in her face like that. Her response says a lot about her character. Effective only in the short term and crude and a little desperate.

I thought the episode was really good. My only regrets are (1) the scenes with Melisandre and the maester were kinda rushed, (2) not enough Arya!, and (3) did we need another prostitute try-out session? at least it was short.

From what I understand, Roz may be going to take the place of Alayaya from the books.

So, she'll be in several episodes, I'd imagine.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Haven't seen the episode. Was there anything from the riverlands?

Something interesting I heard is that apparently Dutch viewers of HBO Go had access to both the first and the second episode. Some sort of promotion deal where they entice viewers with advance stuff.

Spatula

Explorer
Haven't seen the episode. Was there anything from the riverlands?
Not really.

There is a scene at Rob's camp, where we see one of the new wolves in action (I'm guessing it's been digitally enlarged?), and a brief shot of the wagon train heading to the Wall at the end of the episode.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Overall I thought it was okay, but not great, which was about what I expected.

I didn't like the general structure of the episode. It felt more like a series of vignettes than an actual cut together episode. The scenes didn't really flow into each other and transitions felt clunky. I attribute it to the episode basically visiting each character and updating the viewer on where we're at.

They should have been more explicit about Gendry and the scene where (spoiler just in case)
Robert's bastards are killed
. Also, my sense of it in the books was that it was more covert than they showed in the episode.

Speaking of not what I expected: I always pictured Davos being younger. Not "Jon Snow" young, obviously, but late thirties/early forties. I liked the actor though, and Davos is one of my favorite characters, so I'm excited to see what comes.

I liked Melissandre a lot. I wasn't sold on the actress when they announced her, but she was just off enough to make her creepy but human.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Overall I thought it was okay, but not great, which was about what I expected.

I didn't like the general structure of the episode. It felt more like a series of vignettes than an actual cut together episode. The scenes didn't really flow into each other and transitions felt clunky. I attribute it to the episode basically visiting each character and updating the viewer on where we're at.

They should have been more explicit about Gendry and the scene where (spoiler just in case)
Robert's bastards are killed
. Also, my sense of it in the books was that it was more covert than they showed in the episode.

Speaking of not what I expected: I always pictured Davos being younger. Not "Jon Snow" young, obviously, but late thirties/early forties. I liked the actor though, and Davos is one of my favorite characters, so I'm excited to see what comes.

I liked Melissandre a lot. I wasn't sold on the actress when they announced her, but she was just off enough to make her creepy but human.

I think most of the characters are older on the show than they are in the books - I think Robert Baratheon & Ned Stark are both supposed to be mid to late 30s in the books, but are both probably closer to mid to late 40s in the show. (I think they aged all the kids about 2 years as well - Bran was mentioned as being a boy of 10 in the first episode of season 1, but he was a boy of 8 in the book.)

I'm about halfway through a re-read of A Clash of Kings and Davos is mentioned as having 8 sons, I think, including at least a few that are adult or close in age. So, it's reasonable to assume he's about the same age as Ned & Robert. (Davos is one of my favorites, too.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases