GAME OF THRONES #4Garden of Bones: ACT 14 Chapter 2-2012

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Garden of Bones

Joffrey is far from happy with Robb's success on the field and takes it out on Sansa, while Tyrion and Bronn try to find ways to counter his cruelty. Cat tries to get Stannis and Renly to unite against the Lannisters while Dany finally finds a way out of the desert and arrives at the gates of a great city. Tyrion finds help among the queen's servants while Arya and Gendry find themselves in Harrenhal with Ser Gregor, the Mountain That Rides, in charge of the place. Davos, being an ex-smuggler, has to use his old skills to help Melisandre reach a special place.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Garden of Bones

Joffrey is far from happy with Robb's success on the field and takes it out on Sansa, while Tyrion and Bronn try to find ways to counter his cruelty. Cat tries to get Stannis and Renly to unite against the Lannisters while Dany finally finds a way out of the desert and arrives at the gates of a great city. Tyrion finds help among the queen's servants while Arya and Gendry find themselves in Harrenhal with Ser Gregor, the Mountain That Rides, in charge of the place. Davos, being an ex-smuggler, has to use his old skills to help Melisandre reach a special place.

Interesting - it seems like they're making a big switch from the books. (spoiler below)
In the book, the shadow kills Renly and then Melisandre/Davos later on take a skiff below Storm's End and she gives birth to the shadow baby, who kills the castellan there. Seems like they're doing the death of the castellan first on the show...

And, wondering how the new guy will do as Ser Gregor - the original actor was 7'5" tall IRL, so was pretty close to the near 8 foot tall Mountain that Rides.

Starman

Adventurer
Interesting - it seems like they're making a big switch from the books. (spoiler below)
In the book, the shadow kills Renly and then Melisandre/Davos later on take a skiff below Storm's End and she gives birth to the shadow baby, who kills the castellan there. Seems like they're doing the death of the castellan first on the show...

And, wondering how the new guy will do as Ser Gregor - the original actor was 7'5" tall IRL, so was pretty close to the near 8 foot tall Mountain that Rides.

I've got a feeling that
Renly is going to die next episode. They just wanted to move up the Davos/Melisandre scene because the assault on Storm's End is going to be downplayed.

What threw me was the nurse. They don't have near enough time to be adding extraneous characters, so I'm assuming she's supposed to be some version of Jeyne Westerling. But where the heck are they going with her claiming to be from Volantis? That all seemed a bit odd to me.

Fast Learner

First Post
What threw me was the nurse. They don't have near enough time to be adding extraneous characters, so I'm assuming she's supposed to be some version of Jeyne Westerling. But where the heck are they going with her claiming to be from Volantis? That all seemed a bit odd to me.
She is indeed Jeyne Westerling.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
You know, up until this episode I was kinda 'meh' about the whole series. Well, maybe 'meh' is too harsh, but I certainly wasn't as engaged as I wanted to be, being a fan of the books and all.

But for some reason this particular episode was a tipping point for me. I think that the series has begun to take on a life of its own and that excites me. At the same time, knowing the major elements to the overall story makes me eager to see how they play out as well.

I am now, officially, a fan of the TV series whereas before I watched the TV series because I was a fan of the books.

Cor Azer

First Post
Hmm... Maybe I missed something last episode, but why did Littlefinger have Ned's bones? Did the Lannisters know Catelyn was treating with Renly?

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Hmm... Maybe I missed something last episode, but why did Littlefinger have Ned's bones? Did the Lannisters know Catelyn was treating with Renly?

Yeah, you must've missed the previous episode where Tyrion tasked him with returning Ned's bones to Catelyn and where he said to her that Tyrion was returning them as a sign of good-will.

Starman

Adventurer
To be more clear, she has the role of Jeyne. She might well end up being named Talisa and be from overseas, but she's the love interest that ultimately
results in the Red Wedding

That's what I gathered, but I just don't understand the change at this point. I've basically understood the changes they've made to this point, but this one threw me for a loop. I guess we'll just have to see where they take it.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Very disturbing episode last night. The scene with Joff and the two girls was one of the hardest to watch scenes I've ever watched on TV, and the scenes with The Tickler and the rats was almost as disturbing.

However, some great moments last night - Peter Dinklage/Tyrion was great in his scene with Sansa, as well as his scene with Lancel. Charles Dance as Tywin had a real commanding presence about him as well.

Interesting intro to Roose Bolton last night - "A naked man has few secrets, a flayed man has none." I think Reek uses that line in the book, though.

Remove ads