Pathfinder 1E Leif's Questing Knights - L10 Pfdr Rpg [OOC 01] [Full]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I've run games with you, I don't think it would be safe for us to just let your fiendish imagination run wild. Perhaps some suggestions are in order. I'll give it some thought and hopefully the others will have ideas as well.

I think Red Knight has a good thought as well, we should consider connections as well.

Re emphasis text: I am Scott DeWar and I approve that message!

everything else too

Kaodi

Hero
If I may be so bold as to say, I think a game with a fair amount of moving around would be appropriate. Two of our characters our characters are tieflings, surely not the sort to be welcomed anywhere for long in a setting such as Greyhawk. Another is an elven ranger, likely more suited to the wilderness than urban intrigues. The tormented knight seeking absolution fits well with this theme as well, and my inquisitor hardly makes sense in any other kind of game. The Conanesque barbarian can do that as well, though a more Fahfrd-esque character would be fine with staying in a place like the City of Greyhawk.

Leif

Adventurer
Which brings us to another vital clue regarding the party: What alignments are you each considering? It would make it far, far easier on me if we could have all PCs be of similar alignment -- either all good, all neutral, all evil, all chaotic, or all lawful. Can we reach an accord about that, please?

An all evil party would be very fun at first, but that sort of game does not lend itself to a long-term game, in my experience. Still, this could be a good one-shot game. That's definitely something to think about.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
If I may be so bold as to say, I think a game with a fair amount of moving around would be appropriate. Two of our characters our characters are tieflings, surely not the sort to be welcomed anywhere for long in a setting such as Greyhawk. Another is an elven ranger, likely more suited to the wilderness than urban intrigues. The tormented knight seeking absolution fits well with this theme as well, and my inquisitor hardly makes sense in any other kind of game. The Conanesque barbarian can do that as well, though a more Fahfrd-esque character would be fine with staying in a place like the City of Greyhawk.
Point well made. To quote the Knight, St George: A Knight should go out and look to do good.

Which brings us to another vital clue regarding the party: What alignments are you each considering? It would make it far, far easier on me if we could have all PCs be of similar alignment -- either all good, all neutral, all evil, all chaotic, or all lawful. Can we reach an accord about that, please?

Chaotic Good

Leif

Adventurer
Chaotic Good
So, I'm thinking that you [DeWar and kaodi at least] have in mind a collection of knights errant: Sir Pellinore, Hiawatha, Lone Ranger types who ride around all over the place doing good everywhere they can, but not staying in one place long enough to let people see how truly weird and funky they are.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
POINT-BUY FINAL WORD!!

Point-Buy to build your characters starting at 1st level is 20, as per Pathfinder RPG "High Fantasy" guidelines. Then, during the course of advancing your characters to 10th level, you will also increase, by a single point, one stat each at 4th and 8th levels.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Okay, so I'm now seeing our two Tiefling characters, wizard and alchemist, as quasi-faustian, dark magic practitioners. Do they have 'hearts of gold' too?

Players (L10 characters) are:
1 Scott Dewar (Human Fighter) -- C/G
2 Scotley (Tiefling Wizard)
3 Mowgli (Tiefling Alchemist)
4 Helfdan (Fafhrd/Conan, Ftr/Rngr/Brbrn)
5 Red Knight (Race? Ranger) (butt-kicking, tracking, warrior-type) -- C/G
6 Kaodi ("Healer-y" Witch or Inquisitor)

Just spitballing here, but if one or two of you could take a level or two of Cleric, Druid, or Bard along the way the party would both gain some healing spells and the ability to employ healing wands as well. Or perhaps the alchemist can make enough potions to supply the party? Kaodi may have the healing covered, though. Another idea could be the addition of a henchman cleric. In another of my games we have asimilar situation, so we added a henchman cleric who is a 'party henchman' who doesn't count against the 'max henchmen' number of any PC -- he's basically the DM's character - he has no free will, doesn't help with problem-solving, but he provides an extra attack [so far he kicks as much butt as any PC] and some healing spells.

Last edited:

Red Knight

First Post
Both ranger and inquisitor receive healing spells and could use healing wands. Ignore this if you were referring to or tiefling friends there.

Hmm, I wonder if the two tieflings will be brothers? Maybe twins? Just another thought.

Leif

Adventurer
While the Tieflings may or may not be related to some extent at the discretion of their players, they are far from twins, as their descriptions by their respective players are very, very different. And Red Knight [the ranger] has already declined to take on the role of party healing machine.

I'm also thinking that our Tieflings may, with player approval, be sorta like the traditional "fey" of legend, perhaps even being a kind of rare breed of elf or something. In such a case, the typical elf would not be the happy-go-lucky tree-hugger of most D&D games, but would instead be a scary, alien thing and most humans would flee screaming from its presence. (Slight exaggeration here.)

Last edited:

Remove ads